Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits and 3rd level student

• 10-12-2007 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering about recieving benefit while going back to full time education as a 3rd level student. Is it 6 months I need to be on the dole? and is that 6 months up until the course starts in September?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

its 12 months for the Third Level Option.

When determining if a claimant satisfies the 6 month/9 month/12 month condition, the Jobseekers Allowance (JA) linking rule i.e. 52 weeks applies to all relevant Social Welfare payments that qualify a person for participation in the BTEA scheme. Periods spent on other relevant Social Welfare Payments, that are not broken by more thsn 12 months (52 weeks), can be used in determining if an applicant satisfies the qualifying period criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Aww, crap :(
    I can't stay on the dole for 12 months. Even 6 would be too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Maby you could apply for a maintenance grant once you get approval for your college course?

Advertisement