Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteer Radio

• 10-12-2007 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi. Would anyone happen to know of any volunteer radio stations in Dublin that are taking on people? (City Centre / Northside preferably)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

City Centre there is Anna Livia

And on the North side of the city there is my own community station Near 90fm You have to do a volunteer training course first with us... There might be one coming up in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Sallybags

Sounds good. Would you be able to let me know when there is a training course coming up? Cheers.

No problem. I should be able to find out later when I'm over in the main office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I used to do Volunteer radio in Beaumont Hospital. don't know if it's still up and running, but they would run volunteer classes fairly regularly.

Beaumont are gone now I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

given the attitude of the guy who took over just before I left, I'm not suprised. saddened, but not suprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

City Centre there is Anna Livia

And on the North side of the city there is my own community station Near 90fm You have to do a volunteer training course first with us... There might be one coming up in the new year.

Can I get insies on that? If you could let me know when the training course is coming up, I'd appreciate it. We're talking Bananas, basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd have an interest in this too actually.

Yeah... just keep the offers of bananas coming and I'll be back later with the info.

*Offers banannas*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Another option is St Ita's Hospital Radio in Portrane. Tom Noctor runs a smooth ship out there with plenty of training in and out of the studio. If your looking to broadcast a music based show maybe St Ita's is another option...

Oh yes... I found this out last Thursday and forgot to get back to you all.

There will be another volunteer course starting at the end of February. I'll post more details when I get it.

Advertisement