Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice things to do in Dublin for a few days right before Christmas

Options
  • 10-12-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Friend coming over from Dec. 21-23 so decided to meet up in Dublin.

Any suggestions for nice things to do? I see a lot of museums/touristy stuff closes on Dec. 21 for the Christmas break.

I'm thinking an afternoon in Howth or Bray if the weather is ok but what else?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

If the weather is bad, then a few nice pints in Kehoe's off Grafton st. the afternoon is always nice. There's fireplace upstairs. The other thing is that its a quite irish pub if you understand me.

Other than that, in the evening a good play would be good craic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd like to know this as well but for this weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

4Xcut wrote: »

The other thing is that its a quite irish pub if you understand me.

in what sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Here are a few suggestions, they are copied and pasted from an old one of mine, sorry if they are irrelavent.... Howth is great, nice walks on the pier, the cliff walk is lovely, there are great restaurants on the pier as well.

Wrap up warm!!

Climb the Sugarloaf its only a hill.

Walk the full lenght of the Bull Wall.

Order chicken wings in Elephant and Castle.

Go to the botanical gardens.

Go to the Zoo.

Do the Kilmainham Gaol tour.

Go and see the bogmen in the museum.

Go to the National Art Gallery.

Do the hop on hop off bus trip.

Do the Sea Safari.

Do the Viking spash tour.

Do the 1916 tour.

Do the Guinness hops tour.

I think there is a good whisky tour in Smithfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I'd definitely recommend the Guinness Storehouse. I really enjoyed it and the gravity bar alone is worth the admission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭agrajag

embraer170 wrote: »
    Friend coming over from Dec. 21-23 so decided to meet up in Dublin.

Any suggestions for nice things to do? I see a lot of museums/touristy stuff closes on Dec. 21 for the Christmas break.

I'm thinking an afternoon in Howth or Bray if the weather is ok but what else?

Thanks. :)

some good (and free!) stuff here

http://www.visitdublin.com/Events/AllDublinEvents/AllDublinEvents.aspx?id=244

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Ice skating in the RDS

Advertisement