Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo's hottest bird taken

Options
  • 10-12-2007 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Seen in the weekend paper Brian Ormond showing off his new girlfriend - Mezzalie McGarry :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

Shes awfully hot alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Whats the story with the headline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

She lost her husband recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Whats the story with the headline?

Not a big fan of reading? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I was execting to see a thread about Aine Chambers here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I was execting to see a thread about Aine Chambers here :(

As Sligo's hottest woman? You have to be joking me! :eek:

More like Sligo's biggest embarrassment!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well the one in the above article isn't that hot i can see why he thought it might of been aine chambers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

She's not Sligo's hottest bird in fairness..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

didnt take her long did it!? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Damn - I thought this was going to be about me! Then I realised I'm still single :D

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    Damn - I thought this was going to be about me! Then I realised I'm still single :D

Well I'd be happy to adjudicate if you think you've got a case! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Ha ha i thought it was going to be Aine Chambers too! God is Brian Ormond not really young???

Ooly wrote: »
    Ha ha i thought it was going to be Aine Chambers too! God is Brian Ormond not really young???

He's 27 and she's 36.

To be honest I think its pretty distastful - her husband is not even a year in his grave! :(

Its a PR stunt, his career currently involves opening supermarkets - bit of free publicity etc.....

Its a PR stunt, his career currently involves opening supermarkets - bit of free publicity etc.....

if you think its a PR stunt then its even more sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

money grabbing w****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I actually thought his career is on the up, to the fair. He seems to be RTEs golden boy, did the celebrity ure a star and the like and doin childrens stuff. He appears to have good interpersonal skils and be quite personable with people and not as wooden as quite a lot of the RTE heads have been.
    Anyway I thought this was on Sligo hottest birds Counting Crows and presumed you must be fishing for the title. ;) I can adjudicate if you wish. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Having witnessed him on a night out, I can safely say he has all the personality and people skills of a plank.
    You don't get huge money for things like kids T.V. in ireland. His income is directly related to his exposure and to be honest who knew anything of his private life before? As I recall, he "came forward" to tell "his story" because he was "sick of all the rumour and lies printed elsewhere". (inverted commas mine. May not actually be quotes.). I only remember one picture in the papers prior to his exposé. Like most minor celebrities, they live off media exposure. So when some paper reports something less than savoury about the RTE golden boy a year or two down the line, I'll have no sympathy for him. Live by the sword etc.

• Advertisement

il gatto wrote: »
    Having witnessed him on a night out, I can safely say he has all the personality and people skills of a plank.
    You don't get huge money for things like kids T.V. in ireland. His income is directly related to his exposure and to be honest who knew anything of his private life before? As I recall, he "came forward" to tell "his story" because he was "sick of all the rumour and lies printed elsewhere". (inverted commas mine. May not actually be quotes.). I only remember one picture in the papers prior to his exposé. Like most minor celebrities, they live off media exposure. So when some paper reports something less than savoury about the RTE golden boy a year or two down the line, I'll have no sympathy for him. Live by the sword etc.

A "Plank" like Pat you mean. Some of the best paid RTE journalists are likewise "blessed". (inverta commas my own!)
    I was only going on what i observed was his level of exposure which I thought is moderately high. Beginning to trip over him. He was on the normal "Ure a star" tonight as well. Not that I watch it, okay not for long. :o
    Cant say I know much about him otherwise havent really be keeping tabs. Was going on the link posted, that he didnt seem to do an interview. However, hem if i need to get his biographical details ( I wont!) I shall know who to go to. ;)
    TBH I am not too bothered with him. The way I look at is as long as its not somebody famous' son or daughter getting a job in RTE then fair play to him.
    Oh yes he can date whatever woman he likes, it is a bit of a waste of trees though to have to read about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I know nothing about him apart from he was at one time a contestant on "You're a Star" or something like that. That was my point. I know nothing about him and most people know little more. Try Googling the name and the results are scant. Hence he needs publicity. A "celebrity" whose name doesn't bring up results in Google is a nobody.

I wouldn’t totally agree with you on this. I wouldnt think his income is intrinsically linked to his exposure in the tabloid press if you're in light entertainment. Its related to the amount of jobs he is getting with RTE i.e. his ability to do the job. And of course the ratings on these programmes. (Which is where the public comes in) He is a singer (technically) but hasn’t an album out that he is trying to flog and doesn’t depend on keeping a profile up. He has moved away from singing, which as probably safe enough as he was only good enough for a cabaret circuit. :rolleyes: What he does depend on is the good will (I would have thought) of the Director general and different bosses to get the jobs he is getting. This he does by doing as good a job in the light entertainment industry, as he can. The ratings would be the best indicator of him doing his job right and getting a new one. Maybe there are kids that tune in cos they think he is gorgeous or something, but on these programmes isn’t it about how he facilitates them, how comfortable he is with people and how good he is "live" with a big audience and batting the likes of yer man "Brendan". Bad press might even mean fewer jobs. Look how long it took Derek Mooney to "come out"; sadly he must have been worried about both ratings and jobs.
    I would quite admire him for not having too much coverage when you googled him so that he isn’t pushing himself forward at B parties, but you say you think he may be trying to court the media, maybe he wants his private life private. .... :confused: It could be the press themselves (as his star rises in RTE) trying to get an angle on him as it was a slow day.
    Anyway I reckon what I am trying to say in round that as much as it galls me he may have some talent in the light entertainment industry and this could mean he will continue to get the jobs. This also could mean he doesn’t have to depend on opening supermarkets to supplement his income. I would like to think this but then I am probably well off the mark.
    He is no doubt writing his autobiography as we speak about his life with Mezzalie McGarry. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

thats sligos hottest woman? i feel sorry for you guys, i really do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

utick wrote: »
    +1 not impressed at all!

utick wrote: »

I think your taking this out of context, she is suffering from a fever - hense the "hottest" tag :rolleyes:

I think your taking this out of context, she is suffering from a fever - hense the "hottest" tag :rolleyes:
    You started it! Are you saying shes isnt hot anymore. Succumbed to peer pressure. ;):o Next.

tuppence wrote: »
    You started it! Are you saying shes isnt hot anymore. Succumbed to peer pressure. ;):o Next.

I remember the days when I was a pup heading to Equinox, she was savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I remember the days when I was a pup heading to Equinox, she was savage!

Did she used to work behind the bar in Equinox?

• Advertisement

Did she used to work behind the bar in Equinox?

Yep, in the cocktail bar. This is back in the late 90's

Advertisement