Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is happening in Kosovo at the moment?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I have repeatedly state that there have been attacks on Serbs in Kosova. I accepted long ago that violences has occurred against Serbs. I have repeated this several times.

I distrusted Youtube since anyone can upload a video and claim whatever they like. I also distrusted sites that had a pretty obvious bias.

The new links for the most part seem to be from trust worthy sources. Is it really hard to believe that Youtube is no considered to be reliable by at least some people due to it nature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

wes wrote: »
    I distrusted Youtube since anyone can upload a video and claim whatever they like. I also distrusted sites that had a pretty obvious bias.

You were trying to undermine information content based not on what is contained therein but on the spurious basis of where its stored - disregarding how verifiable that the information is - that is something I dont agree with you on.

In any event in case you change your mind here is more sources for the destruction of christianity from kosovo - which only yesterday you claimed was 'total bullsh1t'

http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/articolo/7002?&eng=y
    (News, analysis, and documents on the Catholic Church, by Sandro Magister)

From today January 4th 2008

In Kosovo the Orthodox Church Is Under Siege

To worldwide indifference, more than one hundred churches have already been assaulted and destroyed. Others are defended by NATO soldiers. The role of the Vatican and the growth of Islamic extremism

by Sandro Magister

ROMA - During the last week of November (2007), two more Orthodox Christian churches were attacked and damaged in Kosovo - in Gornja Brnjica, and in Susica. Neither was protected by KFOR, the military force under NATO command that maintains order in the region.

_________
    http://www.expressnews.ualberta.ca/article.cfm?id=5824
    Forum probes Kosovo's cultural destruction

By Gilbert A. Bouchard
    <I>Esprit de Corps</I> editor Scott Taylor.

Esprit de Corps editor Scott Taylor.

May 19, 2004 - The United Nations and NATO failed in their obligation to protect the cultural, spiritual and historic resources in Kosovo during a March 17 civil uprising, said author Scott Taylor.

“NATO and the UN are obligated to protect more than just the people…they were responsible to protect religious sites,” said Taylor, the former soldier, freelance war correspondent and editor of Esprit de Corps magazine.
    It’s estimated that more than 145 churches, monasteries and other holy sites have been destroyed since 1999--some dating back to the 12th century.

http://www.incommunion.org - website of the orthodox peace fellowship
    http://www.incommunion.org/articles/news-reports/crisis-in-kosovo

The Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas
    8 East 79th Street
    New York, NY 10021

March 24, 2004

We have heard the pleas of the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church. We join them in praying for the victims who were murdered or forced to flee from their homes while 18,000 international peacekeepers watched this wanton violence against the minority Serbian population and the destruction of the centuries-old cultural and spiritual heritage of the region–including UNESCO-protected sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

It is hard to discuss rationally with someone who is full of bitterness towards a whole nation.

I have friends who have fought in the KLA and I know for sure that his commander was catholic Albanian. I know of many Catholic Albanians who joined the fight against the Serb regime. Then I know that Albanians committed crimes just as Serbs did. I know that Orthodox churches were burned down and this saddens me. Serbs burned most mosques in Kosovo while retreating (I don't hear you mentioning this in your anger rampage Morlar). Albanians are not radicals. Thousands of Irish people visited Kosovo (most in the line of duty) and I call upon them to say if they thought of them as religious fanatics.

Youtube is a great source of news just as Wikipedia. But it is there for the ones who are politically correct and who use their grey matter when making conclusions. They are great for the ones who use their big heads when making decisions and conclusions. I would not ever trust Serb Government sources on Kosova or even the Albanian Kosovar ones as they are emotional. The Serb ones are at the same time demagogic, nationalist and lying.

Dobrica Cosic, the former President of the Self proclaimed Yugoslavia states in
    Quote from "Deobe"(Divisions)1961.Volume I, page 135: "A lie,trait of our patriotism"
    “We lie to deceive ourselves, to console others, we lie for mercy, we lie to fight fear, to encourage ourselves, to hide our and somebody else’s misery. We lie for love and honesty. We lie because of freedom. Lying is a trait of our patriotism and the proof of our innate intelligence. We lie creatively, imaginatively and inventively."
    That tells me a lot as he used to be chairman of the Serb Academuy of Science and was a great writter.
    EDIT:
    I forgot to ask Morlar if he is a Serb. If so, it would be easier to understand his stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Morlar wrote: »
    In any event in case you change your mind here is more sources for the destruction of christianity from kosovo - which only yesterday you claimed was 'total bullsh1t'

I stand by what I have said. KLA is a nationalist movement. They want independence for Kosova. If you want to present them as Islamic radicals trying to create an Islamic empire. Go right ahead, more power to you.

Your response is to categorise me incorrectly there.

Other than that you dont seem to be denying anything I have posted so far - so I am having a hard time finding any merit in your post there other than hot air.
    regedit wrote: »
    Albanians are not radicals.

I think you will find many of them actually are considering the previously discussed links of the kla to jihadists, al qaida and also the german intelligence ministry report on the outstanding prevalence of albanian regime links to organised mafia drug smugglers, prostitution gangs etc etc.
    Youtube is a great source of news just as Wikipedia. But it is there for the ones who are politically correct and who use their grey matter when making conclusions. They are great for the ones who use their big heads when making decisions and conclusions.

?????????

You seem to be disagreeing with the validity of CONTENT on either youtube or wiki - not on the basis of the content or where its stored but on the basis of whether you believe the person sourcing the content is politically correct or not. How absolutely completely ridiculous - sorry but I really dont have time for this kindergarten level debate (if thats what you want to call it).

Are you also saying that UN and every other NGO/church source I have posted thus far are lying also ? If so you should be specific about which piece of information is incorrect and in what way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Gerard (aka Morlar),
    Your digital pictures are better then your knowledge of current political issues so you should have stuck with them.

Gerard (aka Morlar),
    Your digital pictures are better then your knowledge of current political issues so you should have stuck with them.

This illustrates perfectly your level of contribution to this discussion - which is to say ....without substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

An alternate take from Noam Chomsky on the origins of the Kosovo war.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEhgwdJldeU&feature=related

We are all just pawns....:(:(:(

edit:
    Just looked at this again myself, and it confirms (part 4) some reasons for my earlier comment regarding Serb scepticism regarding the Internation court.

Advertisement