Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jumping back into 2142

Options
  • 10-12-2007 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Well I bought BF 2142 earlier this year, installed it to find that there was some bug that stopped certain people from playing the game. Basically the game would stick on a black screen or something.

Eventually got the game running after hours of tweaking to find it wouldnt get online. So I dumped the box angrily into the closet never to be seen again.

Today I noticed a patch was released some time back, 1.40. So was hoping this might have fixed all my problems. Seemingly the problem i was having was a HUGE problem back in the day, game jsut wouldnt run.

Firstly has this all been sorted?

Secondly, where do irish players play?

I'm a vastly experienced bf2 player, and jsut wna play this cause it looked such a good game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

I only started to play a little bit again lately. I never had a problem to start with when I first got it(about a year ago I think) and I still have no problem with it. You should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

its up to 1.42 atm and a lot of loading problems were dealt with. I did have a freezing problem for a while but that turned out to be a problem with my sound driver (happened when the commander used orbital strike near me :( )

give it a go and see what you think. would also be worth your while picking up Northern strike if you find that you can play the game and that you like it. Love the assault lines game mode and the maps are my three favourites (though highway tampa is a good tankfest which is noce for a change of pace :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah its up working, great game really enjoying it. Titan is great.

suprisingly alot of team work for a change which is odd.

We took titan forcefield down and on the mic i requested air pickup, and next thing theres a plane thing picking me up, i was astonished, usually in bf2 there wasnt much communication but this is great.

Happened over 3 servers and i really got into it, requesting air support etc and it was done...really good fun.

What servers you guys play on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Don't really play on any particular server just whats ever handy to jump into. It really make the game when you have a good squad and team to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

i tend to play more on teh NS servers if i can as i enjoy them maps more , but generaly the same i jump on any server , ingame name is Ne-it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Must get back into this, but when i did play the 50K servers were good servers, well moderated.

Titan mode is great, teamworks essential for taking down a titan.

used to stick pretty much to the timeless servers but I've been turned off them recently by a spate of muppetry (getting shot through buildings , seeing a player jump *into* a rock , seeing a player from the opposite team spawn in my uncap with my sides uniform and start butchering with rdx - when I killed him I got negative points and punished for a teamkill!)

Moongamers port bavaria is a good laugh but I'm leaning more towards the titan servers now (titan on highway tampa is great fun!)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

im lucky that i havent seen much of that , mind you i have seen a few legs sticking out of building and getting shot from someone hiding in the snow which i cant hit , Titan mod is bril love it attacking or defending you titan is great fun , team tactic are best in these games , mainly play with two mates i play support one plays assualt and other play recon we do well on titan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Stayed away from the timeless servers, FF-OFF and RDX bunny hoppers is a bad combo.

jeawan wrote: »
    i have seen a few legs sticking out of building and getting shot from someone hiding in the snow which i cant hit

yeah, you see a lot of that clipping. after a while you get to know where this happens and as a sniper you can get a good few kills by doing the rounds of the spots :)

I had an issue on port bavaria where someone was *inside* the walls of the goliath port and shooting out at people taking/defending the flag. I got knifed when I had my back in a corner and there was no-one anywhere near me. the atacker didnt show up on the personell scanner I had deployed because I was sure he was hiding somewhere (and I wanted to learn where so I could do it next time I played :) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

whats stat padding???

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Youre black screen could have been from a Vid card that cant run it. Did you get a new VID card in the last year.

I played a game last night and my clam mates said we need some arty in this spot. So as clan leader i requested the commander arty that building and he did it right away. I was supprised. It is a very team work orientated game all right more so than BF2.

Advertisement