Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

test marking guidelines

Options
  • 10-12-2007 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

This is taken from the driving test marking guidelines for testers:

Danger or Potential Danger
    Where a tester takes control of a vehicle either verbally or physically due to an emergency situation
    outside the direct responsibility of the applicant, a fault may not be recorded in this case
    . Where the
    applicant is at fault and the tester takes control either verbally or physically, a fault may be recorded as
    appropriate.

Any ideas on what kind of situation would count as being "outside the direct responsibility of the applicant"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Azlan wrote: »
    This is taken from the driving test marking guidelines for testers:

Danger or Potential Danger
    Where a tester takes control of a vehicle either verbally or physically due to an emergency situation
    outside the direct responsibility of the applicant, a fault may not be recorded in this case
    . Where the
    applicant is at fault and the tester takes control either verbally or physically, a fault may be recorded as
    appropriate.

Any ideas on what kind of situation would count as being "outside the direct responsibility of the applicant"?

A crazy drunk driver coming up the wrong lane and through traffic lights type of emergency..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Any potentially dangerous incident which is caused by another road user or pedestrian and which impacts on the applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

thanks - that's what I thought.......... something such as another car suddenly shooting across the road in front of you........... which made the tester grab my handbrake and earned me a grade 3!! would have passed if not for that - grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

well.. if the tester saw it.. why couldnt you see it and stop??

imo, you deserved to fail

you should have been more observant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah that's what I figure.

Maybe it's for the Ballymun and Tallaght centres in case the driver gets shot during the test :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

thanks - that's what I thought.......... something such as another car suddenly shooting across the road in front of you........... which made the tester grab my handbrake and earned me a grade 3!! would have passed if not for that - grrrrr

He must have felt that you weren't reacting in time. Though it's hard to pass judgement one way or the other without being in the car at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

pa990 wrote: »
    well.. if the tester saw it.. why couldnt you see it and stop??

imo, you deserved to fail

you should have been more observant.

Like the others said it's hard to judge without being in the car, but he did see it himself!! Id imagine he could have easily stopped without interference just didnt wanna give the instructor whip lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

pa990 - the tester and I both reacted - he clearly got a fright too when the car shot out from across the road..... and probably was unsure whether it would have been possible to stop...... as dudura says unless you were in the car tis hard to pass judgement so please don't jump to conclusions - I had practically a clean sheet otherwise and am not disputing the result - but do feel twas bad luck to have summat like that happen

Advertisement