Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DviX / dvd player for car WITH HARD DISK

Options
  • 10-12-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

hi all,

i am thinking of some kind of dvd player for the car to keep a child happy on on journeys.

my thinking has me looking for a hard disk version as DVDs etc get scratched and she will be watching maisy-freakin-mouse over and over.

any suggestions ?

-ds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Assuming its for the back seat, you could look at getting a separate screen (or two!) and plugging a video media player into it. So for example...
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/538452/art/sigmatek/pdx-1300b-portable-dvd-pl.html with a video ipod or creative vision m would work, assuming that those screens have standard video in port.

If your looking for an actual head unit type system, there aren't that many going down the hard disk route any more. They tend instead to offer integration with other media such as SD cards, USB devices etc. So you could in theory get something like this ...

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/637077/art/jvc/kw-avx800-dvd-divx-multim.html

and stick a 2.5" usb drive off it (tho check first whether the particular drive u have will work as those units tend not to be putting out a lot of power on the USB port and even some 2.5" drives mightn't power up properly).

Hope that helps,
    C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭demosuzki

thanks for this

I've gone with the cheaper option (off ebay) that can take a usb in.
    i'm thinking a few cd-r's with the dvix backups on it isn't a big deal.

they grow out of them so quick i donöt need 500Gb or anything close.

-ds

Advertisement