Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to store a Christmas Cake?

• 10-12-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hello,

After successfully making the cake and feeding it constantly, the almond icing is now drying. My question is, after I have finished the icing, how do I store it? Does it have to be wrapped in brown paper and tinfoil again, or put in a tin? Unfortunately it is now too big to fit in the tin it was squashed into before the icing - so will i have to buy some kind of cake tin?

Or can I just leave it out with a cloth over it before i transport it home for Christmas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I'd make it airtight with tin foil if you can't get it back into the tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You will have to wrap it in greaseproof paper and tinfoil again and then you will need to buy a tin large enough to store it in. Seems like you went to a lot of trouble and the aforementioned is the only way to store it properly.

Advertisement