Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf R32 - Opinions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not really fair comparing the GTi with the R32. They may share similar underpinings, body panels, etc but that is where the similarities end. The GTi is a highly tuned hot hatch whereas the R32 is a heavier V6 grand tourer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

fletch wrote: »
    1.8T I'm sure you mean?

i did indeed mean 1.8T sorry i was getting my S3's mixed up! i can't believe i made that mistake im so embarrassed :eek:

cheers fletch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

As someone else said if you can afford it go for it. I must say its one of the motors on my possible list. The reasons I would go for it are - Its discreet, powerful, can get it with 4 doors so practical, and the sound..absolutely fantastic. Of course its not massively faster than a GTI but I do think its a different animal.

The cons would be fuel efficiency and its expensive to tax it, even if you get in before the new regime

Of course if fuel efficiency is an issue you could just go for this....

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=861324

why, why, why??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

tossy wrote: »
    i did indeed mean 1.8T sorry i was getting my S3's mixed up! i can't believe i made that mistake im so embarrassed :eek:

cheers fletch.
    You're forgiven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well can I ask what people think of the current S3 then? Much smaller engine, though slightly more horses, quattro, turbo, etc, etc. It would be around the same cost as the R32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 freq modulated

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well can I ask what people think of the current S3 then? Much smaller engine, though slightly more horses, quattro, turbo, etc, etc. It would be around the same cost as the R32.

WOW...."Petrolheads" talked you out of a 3.2 v6. I thought i was in a motoring section?? :confused::confused:

Have you driven an r32? Go drive it. Nothing they have thrown at you will compare to NA 3.2 v6 sound and drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The R32 has the best sounding V6 I've ever heard, better even than a straight 6 BMW(not an M one of course!). You can tune a 4 cylinder engine to the hilt but it will never sound as good as a 6 pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Exactly what the two posters above me said

And the whole DC5 argument is stupid ... its like saying id rather get an Ariel Atom as it is a better drivers cars

Although i dont deny that the DC5 may be a fantsatic drivers car - It just screams i remortgaged my gaff in finglas so i can afford this .... the R32 is more young subtle and successfull business man in a good job type of car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

SuprSi wrote: »

Owned a MII S3 earlier this year.

Great poke, handles like on rails, stops very well, rare as fook - a lot rarer than the R.

The only thing an R32 has over it is a V6 noise, S3 has more horses, cheaper to run, cheaper to tax and you can get Sprint Blue.

Agreed about the noise of the R over a BM straight 6 but I can assure you, a 335 on full chat sounds pretty special too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

saw one of these today.
    impressive looking and got my attention

i'd agree with this quote
    Although i dont deny that the DC5 may be a fantsatic drivers car - It just screams i remortgaged my gaff in finglas so i can afford this .... the R32 is more young subtle and successfull business man in a good job type of car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

drdre wrote: »

I don't care if its a ferrari underneath , it looks like a boy racers wet dream.
    To get back to the OP , at 35k (ish) the GTI looks bang on the money , but 40 something looks very expensive for a small non premium car.

Advertisement