Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl gps system Uk Monday the 17th

Options
  • 10-12-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering lidl have a gps system on the 17th monday, how long does this take to come to lidl ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Hey just wondering lidl have a gps system on the 17th monday, how long does this take to come to lidl ireland?

Is this the same one

http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20071220.p.43SatelliteNavigationSystem

from the 20th, just in time for a pressie :)

BTW, I am interested in just how good the Irish maps are on GPS's generally, I have seen various comments about poor quality....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah but its 60 euro cheaper in uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Does anyone have one already? Does anyone know if they are any good?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200597

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

According to the ad, it has Navteq maps, so it will be OK. Teleatlas maps are to be avoided (for Ireland at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Yeah but its 60 euro cheaper in uk

Well Newry is 'officialy' part of UK. They are charging £179 for it in Newry, but in stores in England, Scotland and Wales its £149.... rip-off Ireland also applies North of the border.

The spec on manufacturers website doesnt mention FM transmitter. in the English PDF it says TeleAtlas maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Mylow wrote: »
    Well Newry is 'officialy' part of UK. They are charging £179 for it in Newry, but in stores in England, Scotland and Wales its £149.... rip-off Ireland also applies North of the border.

The spec on manufacturers website doesnt mention FM transmitter. in the English PDF it says TeleAtlas maps.
    I found this too - it's not the same unit pictured in the Lidl magazine, though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

just wondering if the one on the 20th is worth getting or better to wait for the one on the 24th?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 divjoy

Hi Guys

Just a quick not to say that after a liitle research I have identified LIdl' silvercrest sat nav as the Binatone Carerra 430 with EUropean Maps.

The Binatone can be bought online for £149 = €220 approx. on Amazon.co.uk

Lidl's €269 ! sometihng wrong here, Lild is way over priced.

You can get a Sony 4.3 widescreen for less the €200!

THe price of these untis are dropping all the time so I cant see Lidl selling too many!.

We will watch and see.

Regards to all.

Advertisement