Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working and Receiving Jobseekers Benefit.

• 10-12-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for jobseekers benefit (last week) and have been offered a job doing delivery work for Domino's Pizza in the mean time. This work would be confined to weekends, Saturdays and some Sundays. It will pay on average 50 euro per nights work which is a pittance, but better than nothing. They also tell me that I will not be paying tax as I am officially doing 'contract work'.

I am just wondering, how would this affect my benefit payments? Would I still be entitled to the full amount? How should I go about telling the welfare office about me taking this job? I have already received the UP19 form where I have to outline my attempts at finding work/registering with FAS etc, but haven't dropped it back in yet.

thanks in advance,
    Karl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Won't still be entitled to the full amount.
    Can go on casual where your employer signs a docket each week to state how many days you work - must be unemployed at least 3 days a week.
    You could work on a Sunday anyway as you don't get paid Benefit for that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

You will lose 1/6 of your benefit for each day worked as well. Sunday dosne't count. However as said above you will have to get casual dockets for your employer as well as the UP14 forms. The Local Office will explain how the casual system works. also return the UP19 as soon as you can! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

OK, thanks.

Advertisement