Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Bulldog

Options
  • 10-12-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Does anyone know of any breeders, pregnant dogs?

I am looking for a pup, in no rush in the next year even i'll wait. Have rang a few breeders and put my name down but theres no pups avaialble at the moment. I'd like pure bred with papers. If anyone knows of any please let me know, I've always wanted one and now I've bought a house with a garden I am so excited I can finally get one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I wanted one of these for years, I think they are gorgeous, they have great character, fantastic temperament.

Then I did lots of research in to them, met some breeders. Then someone I know got one and had to have it put down after three years. The vet said this was really common. They have awful defects. The guy I know was spending eight euro a day on heart tablets, skin tablets, breathing problems among other ailments. I won't ever own one I'm afraid. I sort of think they suffer all their life!

I hope you get sorted with a dog, whatever it may be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Kangaroopoo

I know they have problems and only live until eight years on average. Then again I know two people who have them and never had any problems so depends. I thought they cost 1600 but a breeder I rang today said 3K - alot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

a breeder I rang today said 3K - alot of money!

Yeah, nuts for a dog that might end up causing you a lot of heart ache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I know you want one with papers, so this is probably no use to you.

But Ashtown dog pound had a lovely young one up there recently.

I'd say he was less than one year old.

He was Brindle & white, lovely markings. I visited him twice as I was thinking of taking him, put I couldn't in the end. He was a lovely chap & looking for a home.

If you even interested in looking at him enquire through the guys at www.dogsindistress.org and see if he's still there.

(Sorry but I always push for the rescue dogs)

Advertisement