Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When is the snow season in Livigno

• 10-12-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering up unto when can you usually expect good snow in Livigno?

Was hoping to go the last week in Feb but looking more like first week of March now.

Cheers, have done most of my snowbaording in Argentina so am at a loss when it comes to Europe

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It should be OK until the end of March usually for most places in Europe, can start to get a bit dodgy after mid March though. Some very high resorts would still be open into April as well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Neilthefunkee1

livigno is real high up in the mounts so the snow 'should' be good first week in march.. But if its anything like last yr then it will be dodge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

I've been there two years ago in mid-March and three years ago in Early April.

On the March trip, the snow was excellent. Some runs would get mogully as the day went on but that was more to do with traffic than there being too much warmth. It dumped loads just before I went (like as I was flying). SO the conditions were really excellent for the whole week.

On the April trip, the snow got quite slushy in the afternoon and the ski out was not the best at the end of the day. But that is what you get everywhere in April. The snow was still good enough at the top.

It has more to do with what happens in terms of dumps the week before you go and the week you are there than anything else, to be honest.

In general, I would Livigno to have quite good snow.

Advertisement