Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Sunday™ beers?

• 10-12-2007 4:40pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

With the Feast of Football™ on this Sunday, does anyone fancy meeting up in town for a few pints and banter™?

Liverpool - United starts at 1.30 and Arsenal - Chelsea is at 4, so a lazy day of football and beer at some nice watering hole in the city centre sounds good to me.

I noticed PHB making a prediction that United will win comfortably... so come on, show yer face!

(Arsenal to beat Chelsea 6-0...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ah Mike I'd love to be there, but I literally get back in the country 15 minutes before the United kick off, so have to leg it home to have any chance of catching the match :)

If I was gona be there though, I'd suggest Sinnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The boards chrimbo beers are on the Sat night; dunno where I'll be Sunday then :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If this happens, I be there.

About 90% Sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

would love to, wrong county though. Just gonna head up to a few buddies house and have a lazy day with a few frosty ones I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

"Super Cider Sunday"

followed by

"Wicked Hangover Monday"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

©

Start -> Progs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map

Select the character you want.

Alternatively you could learn the ctrl+alt+numbers

Here's some Arabic I wrote

ېڮڳڭپٺ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Destroyed with exams all week so can't

Tis the season to be jolly :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

christmas party out of town on sat night so not sure if we will be back in time for this. if i am, ill try make it. any location?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Would love to go but I will be on the Kop.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Sounds interesting i might head along to this if we get a few names...wouldnt know anyone but who cares be a good laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I would absolutely love to have a drink with Mr Alan, it would be fantastic, if not somewhat controversial :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote: »
    Ah Mike I'd love to be there, but I literally get back in the country 15 minutes before the United kick off, so have to leg it home to have any chance of catching the match :)

If I was gona be there though, I'd suggest Sinnotts.
    Weak! Aren't you a southsider? Town is closer to the airport!

There's two games on too...

Sinnotts sounds like an option. I'm out on Saturday night too, hair of the dog is your only man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Archimedes wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to have a drink with Mr Alan, it would be fantastic, if not somewhat controversial :D

am i not on your "ignore" list?! so you'll have a pint with me, but not read my posts?! :(

Presume this aint happening? Wont be around, but it'd probably be a better idea to do it for games that wouldnt result in us all being throw out for having a mass brawl!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jaysis! sounds like a deadly idea....I'll see if I can sneak myself off to Dublin for a few pints! Could be more fun than when I was the only Blackburn fan in the middle of a pub full of Newcastle supporters in the Canary Islands when Blackburn trounced Newcastle 3-1 :)

Jaysis, I got some horrid dirty looks. Good times.

Fitzsimon's in Temple Bar is where I'll be. Wearing my JVC shirt with pride :D Much better atmosphere than sinnots (imo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

TP Smyths has a nice seating area with decent food and a big enough screen.

If you get there for between half twelve and one you should easily get some seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

With the Feast of Football™ on this Sunday, does anyone fancy meeting up in town for a few pints and banter™?

Liverpool - United starts at 1.30 and Arsenal - Chelsea is at 4, so a lazy day of football and beer at some nice watering hole in the city centre sounds good to me.

I noticed PHB making a prediction that United will win comfortably... so come on, show yer face!

(Arsenal to beat Chelsea 6-0...)
    What town would this be or are we just expected to know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

☻♠♥♪♫☺╥۞♥

You learn something new everyday...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

fullstop wrote: »
    What town would this be or are we just expected to know?

i would think dublin city centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

dc69 wrote: »
    i would think dublin city centre

Everything else is a village at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

PiE wrote: »
    Everything else is a village at best.

I think you'll find the official classification for Cork is actually 'nomadic gathering'.

Advertisement