Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"So, omg how did your exam go?" (Exam Autopsy Thread)

Options
  • 10-12-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Ireland in Europe today, went pretty well. The MCQ was alright and the fact that the lecturer had given us the essay questions a few weeks in advance meant I was pretty well prepared.

How is everyone else getting on with their exams?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Physics for Engineers 1: it was weird, in the sense that I thought part of it was very easy (the Physics), and part of it very difficult (the Calculus). I'm not going to say any more about this course unless asked privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Cross Cultural Management, was a fair paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

stereoroid wrote: »
    Physics for Engineers 1: it was weird, in the sense that I thought part of it was very easy (the Physics), and part of it very difficult (the Calculus). I'm not going to say any more about this course unless asked privately.

i done this lasy year... found totaly pointless... just a repeat of the leaving cert...

for those who done physics at honour level an easy pass just based on experiments alone!

for those who didnt do this for the leaving... well its possibly the worst constructed crash course iv ever encountered...

i got an A!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

muboop1 wrote: »
    i done this lasy year... found totaly pointless... just a repeat of the leaving cert...

for those who done physics at honour level an easy pass just based on experiments alone!

for those who didnt do this for the leaving... well its possibly the worst constructed crash course iv ever encountered...

i got an A!!!! :)

Are you taking Physics in 2nd year?

As non modularised Elecs in 2nd year we had to do it, if you think 1st physics is bad, 2nd year physics is HELL!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

4th Medicine MedSurg MCQs:

Medicine was a load of pants, nephrology questions, probably set by the Mater, were disgusting and it was the worst paper in recent times

Surgery was awesome. Got out after 15 minutes, probably set by our friends in Vincent's. Best paper ever, barely any statistical knowledge needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Oncology.

Ugh - two questions on the shortest lecture of the course - I don't have the eye for ultrasound so asking me to describe what I see is like asking someone to describe what they see in banks of white snow.

Other than that not bad. Could have been a lot better, could have been a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Analytical and Quantum Mechanics - The one I was most worried about, thought it went well. Only did 3 questions and was supposed to do 4, but I did those 3 pretty well, since they were all stuff I'd studied.

And since the lecturer is awesome and corrected all 23 scripts and put them online tonight, I know I got a C for the exam, C- for the module. Rock on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Archaeology of Identity

predictable and easy ! well it was to do, getting the grades in are a differnt story !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Irish politics and policy.

:( probably the best way to sum that one up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Eased into it today with Japanese (electives are fun!!!11!). Grand paper, few tricky bits.

Land law at midday tomorrow. In for the long haul tonight.

/dies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Russian went quite well this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Irish politics and policy.

:( probably the best way to sum that one up!

Whatd you think was bad about the paper? I think everyone was banking on a health care question so it wasnt ideal, the Irish economy question was fairly general and okish for a backup tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Had a practical today for object-oriented programming. It was a bit strange having an exam in the computer labs but it wasn't too bad at all; hopefully anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Educational Psychology and the Adolescent Learner (EDUC40010) went quite well all around yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

Blut wrote: »
    Whatd you think was bad about the paper? I think everyone was banking on a health care question so it wasnt ideal, the Irish economy question was fairly general and okish for a backup tho.

banking on the health question! the other ones were grand, i just wasn't as prepared for them really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Marketing... each question would cover a seperate topic she said... lies... all lies, it was like flippin pic and mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Waltons wrote: »
    Had a practical today for object-oriented programming. It was a bit strange having an exam in the computer labs but it wasn't too bad at all; hopefully anyway

Makes so much more sense though!! I'm in 1st CS and all our exams are hand-written.. totally pointless coding on paper..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Absolutely bottled my exam there. So raging with myself. :(:mad::(:mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Advanced Radiographic Practice Presentation.

Not too bad all things considered - did a topic that no one else has done, most have done the same topic so ended up with 6 questions at the end of the presentation unlike everyone else's 2.

Think I rocked it though overall.

Didn't help that the guy in before me had mentioned me as a shining beacon of advanced practice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Umaro wrote: »
    Ireland in Europe today, went pretty well. The MCQ was alright and the fact that the lecturer had given us the essay questions a few weeks in advance meant I was pretty well prepared.

I thought, given how much it was worth, that the exam was nearly too easy. We'll see what I'm saying when the results come out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I thought, given how much it was worth, that the exam was nearly too easy. We'll see what I'm saying when the results come out though.
    that was the geography course just entitled 'Europe' yeah?

i did that as an elective, i hardly ever went to lectures tbh, i did the question on McNeill's book New Europe, the actual question was slightly changed from the one he gave us in preparation, i was writing all the way to the end of that exam, had about 6/7 pages, i overheard people coming out saying they wrote 12 pages so i was a bit anxious when i heard that. I didn't study as much as i wanted for it due to other exams but i'm hoping i did ok.

the Mcq's weren't bad, alot i knew outright, others i was able to narrow it down to 2 possible answers or 3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

that was the geography course just entitled 'Europe' yeah?

No, it was the Commerce course "Ireland in Europe"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

karmabass wrote: »
    Makes so much more sense though!! I'm in 1st CS and all our exams are hand-written.. totally pointless coding on paper..
    Agreed. I don't mind answering questions about aspects of programming, or trying to work out what a program would do though, as it's a good skill to have an idea what a program does just by looking at it. Writing pages of loops is not fun though.
    Having said that, our OOP marks are given for code that works and it was a bit nervewracking when I built my code, broke the past hour's work and had to spend 20 mins trying to find out what the hell was wrong :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

redcar wrote: »
    Marketing... each question would cover a seperate topic she said... lies... all lies, it was like flippin pic and mix.

I thought they were separated? maybe i just missed a bit, i was just glad to get out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭armada104

kf1920 wrote: »
    I thought they were separated? maybe i just missed a bit, i was just glad to get out!

They were for the most part but some of them were a bit vague and open to interpretation. Question 1 was particularly nonspecific.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Clinical Medicine Long cases:

Mater: Most students seem to be happy. day 1 brought some awkward colon cancer questions, with transverse colectomies being the order of the day. Day 2 brought VERY nice cases; gallstones, pancreatitis, cellulitis and stroke were thick on the ground

Vincent's: Day 1 seemed okay with a few breast and bowel cancers. Day 2 was a bit trickier, although most people seem to have gotten on okay.

Colmcille's, Loughlinstown: Overall people have seemed happy. Lots of gastrointestinal medicine to keep most people on their toes.

With day 3 left to go, it seems like most people are getting on well. No real horror stories as there were last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

theres no point disecting an exam afterwards! you'll just drive yourselves batty!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

just our of first exam, nailed aspects of financial theory

NEXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Irish Painting - eeeeeeeekkkkk!!!! None of the predicted topics came up .... NONE of them!!!

Didn't find it ALL that bad though, which worries me coz everybody else came out looking exasperated!!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

tywy wrote: »
    Are you taking Physics in 2nd year?

As non modularised Elecs in 2nd year we had to do it, if you think 1st physics is bad, 2nd year physics is HELL!

im in chem eng, dont have it this semester, although i might in second semester! but this year has seriously stepped up in hardness...

thermodynamics... what the hell is this stuff???

Advertisement