Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"So, omg how did your exam go?" (Exam Autopsy Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Lovely!

Had Advanced Microeconomics today. No choice on the paper, but he'd told us that. Questions were pretty similar to last year, and some of them were nearly exactly the same as ones we'd had in problem sets. I am happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

What did people think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

What did people think of it?

i thought that part c question in game theory was ridiculous, i could be there till next summer exams trying to get my head round it, but the first two parts were very easy.

Im sort of happy with it, thought it could of been easier but i got 70percent in the mcq so im happy also, id say overall i got c plus

ps i know it doesnt matter now but for piece of mind did any1 get 16$ for the premium??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

wel thats me finished for another semester:D

im a little worried tho, cos the longest i spent in an exam so far was an hour and 15 for pharmacology, which was grand in 1st year, but not so sure this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

x keo21 wrote: »
    i thought that part c question in game theory was ridiculous, i could be there till next summer exams trying to get my head round it, but the first two parts were very easy.

Im sort of happy with it, thought it could of been easier but i got 70percent in the mcq so im happy also, id say overall i got c plus

ps i know it doesnt matter now but for piece of mind did any1 get 16$ for the premium??

I studied my ass off for duopoly and externalities cos i thought they were the easiest topics, and so neglected game theory and uncertainty, but parts of the duopoly/externalities questions were fuked up! Wasn't happy with that. And he said that the paper would be easier than previous years because we didnt have a choice of questions. Bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Really happy with Algorthimic Problem Solving today, thought it would be difficult but was a bit of a doss, went straight in and flew through the 3 questions, was finished 1hr20m early!

The real fun starts now though.. 3 hardest exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Pharmacology drug discovery and development today.

4 essays, do 3 of them.

2 very nice diabetes questions, one on gene therapy which I didn't even finish reading before I said f*ck that and one on clinical development of drug's.

I ran out of time on that last one and barely got 2 pages done which is a fairly pitiful amount, at least I stuck in my references.

Advanced Neuropharmacology on thursday then sleeping, eating and training, thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

tribulus wrote: »
    Pharmacology drug discovery and development today.

You guys were in the same hall as me this morning, heard mixed reports from the paper. Neuropharm next? KOB and KM's stuff? Keith loves his neurodegenerative disorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Maths for Engineers 1: the Mathemagicians here would be laughing, of course, but it's not so nice for us mere mortals. :rolleyes:

I got most of compulsory question one, and two major questions, but ran aground on the last question. Just how do you raise a negative number to a power of 3/2? Don't think that was supposed to happen, and I was out of time. :(

I knew from old papers that there would be a question on Hyperbolic functions, which there was. I'd tried to bone up on it, but the old brain was full, and the stuff leaked out my ears. There wasn't even space for the kinds of exponential / trigonometry identities needed for 1(f), either. Still, I think I'm in the 60s, which is something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Root of a neg number is imaginary, you;d get it in terms of i (i=root(-1)) Why the hell would imaginary numbers happen in an engineering course though, that makes no sense? They're really abstracty, only mechanics I've ever seen them in is quantum mechanics!

• Advertisement

mloc wrote: »
    You guys were in the same hall as me this morning, heard mixed reports from the paper. Neuropharm next? KOB and KM's stuff? Keith loves his neurodegenerative disorders.

I thought it was very nice, I just didn't know enough!
    Yep, 9am, in Blackrock, uuggh.

I don't know if I'll pick his question (it's pick 2 out of 4 Q's on thursday) probably just blabber on about dopamine and whatever the other guy asks us, he's big into his APP and Presenilin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Raphael wrote: »
    Root of a neg number is imaginary, you;d get it in terms of i (i=root(-1)) Why the hell would imaginary numbers happen in an engineering course though, that makes no sense? They're really abstracty, only mechanics I've ever seen them in is quantum mechanics!

Oh, there were plenty of Complex numbers in Maths for Engineers II, but not in this exam (M4E1). They come up in Electrical engineering, when dealing with AC in circuits etc. But they definitely should not crop up in an "optimization" question - finding a value that best fits specific physical criteria. I could be wrong, but I've done this before... I'm assuming nil points on that question. :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention the best part: I forgot my calculator at home, and decided not to buy another. (I already have 2, I don't need a third.) There were only a couple of numerical calculations in the exam, and I think I got away with it using some "old skool" techniques.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Woot - technology for radiographers - wasn't the worst - I'm through it at least. Section B was very floury though.

Just after making 100 rice krispie buns - I'm happy.

65% of my degree is now finished and Christmas has arrived!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

done :)

5 exams, 3 went well, 1 screwfest paper that i survived and 1 crap wafflefest. confident i've passed my 6 modules and will do ok enough to give me a good shout for a 2.1 at the end of this degree, must work harder in semester 2 tho'
    karmabass wrote: »
    Another changed format here! Intro To Programming deviated wildly from the set format of the last 3 or 4 papers... absolute bitch of a paper it was by comparison to previous years...

what questions did you do? i did qs 1 and 2 and they were fair. 1(a) was worded differently than the past exams alright but if you knew what you were doing there should have been little problem answering them. i'm just kicking myself over forgetting to put lower and higher into int variables in 2(b) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Integration, Fragmentation and the Global System. Easy paper, same questions he's asked every year. I panicked and forgot everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Consumer & Buyer Behaviour

Didn't do much study until today, 4 hours of cramming. Probably will walk away with a B, maybe an A if the Gods deem me fit enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

what questions did you do? i did qs 1 and 2 and they were fair. 1(a) was worded differently than the past exams alright but if you knew what you were doing there should have been little problem answering them. i'm just kicking myself over forgetting to put lower and higher into int variables in 2(b) :o

Memory is a bit sketchy here but... yeah I don't think Q's 1 and 2 weren't TOO different.. but 3 and 4 were very diff... Question on while/do loops that had been a cert replaced with awful stuff about for loops.. no 'definitions' part.. I did all questions, just thought it was a tough paper compared to previous years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

ARCH20050 wasn't so bad this morning, but for ARCH30020 I wrote 2 1/2 pages...in an hour. That may have something to do with the fact that I think a lot of what Cooney was saying about burials is typical overthought academic claptrap. It also may have something to do with the fact that I've had to study for the four finals I have in the last three days....thanks UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Player_86

Anyone do Matrimonial Laws and Reliefs yesterday?

I thought it was reasonable. Question 1 was the longest and broadest problem question in history.

Finished now though, so don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

PennyLane wrote: »
    ARCH20050 wasn't so bad this morning, but for ARCH30020 I wrote 2 1/2 pages...in an hour. That may have something to do with the fact that I think a lot of what Cooney was saying about burials is typical overthought academic claptrap. It also may have something to do with the fact that I've had to study for the four finals I have in the last three days....thanks UCD.

yeah arch 20050 was a very nice paper, i was so tired going into it, i thought i would fall asleep waiting for it to start, i did both the burials questions the Arras culture burials i didnt have so much info on unfortunately :|

only one exam left thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

MATH10040 was alright. He surprised us by not giving us the test from last year, but I think he caught on that we had all the solutions from last year after the midterm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Strategic Marketing Management

She'd give us all the questions a few weeks before the exam. Which was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Why is the end so far away!!! I'm cracking up, 3 more to go :(

I only have 2!

And a semi-thesis thing to write up over Christmas :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

yeah arch 20050 was a very nice paper, i was so tired going into it, i thought i would fall asleep waiting for it to start, i did both the burials questions the Arras culture burials i didnt have so much info on unfortunately :|

I was dead tired for the second one. I did the Arras one, too, since it was pretty obvious there'd be a question on it. I was so paranoid from the past exam sheets that I over-studied. If only I'd managed to do that for 30020 as well....*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

tribulus wrote: »
    I only have 2!

And a semi-thesis thing to write up over Christmas :mad:

I live with a final pharm and work with another - they both seem to be cracking up a bit from just being there far too long with their books.

Really? I probably know them so, there's only 34 in the class I think.

Advanced Neuropharm was a bit of a mess today.

The Alzheimer's question was harder than I would have liked, I couldn't just ramble on about therapeutic strategies, which was all I knew!

Then I didn't have a lot of time for the other question, which was as open as you can get: Write an essay on how information is stored in the brain and drugs that modulate it? Aw well, it's only 4.125 of my overall grade and I got something at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

All done and dusted. Since Monday. Finished with UCD until September. Off to Vancouver. Exams went okay. Not quite as easy as last year though!

Marketing: Easily my worst exam. I had done a lot of reading for it but forgot to mention 1 or 2 important things in the exam itself. And left out half a question. And wrote a lot of ****. Had 22/30 going into it......prediction, 55ish. Think that's a C?

Intro to Psychology: My elective. Essay was grand but hadn't a clue about a lot of the mcq's. Which is a pity necause they looked pretty easy. Prediction, B-.

Operations: Last exam. Already had it passed because continuous assessment was 50% of the course. Easy paper, attempted an extra question just to be sure, should be an A+.

Financial Accounting 2: Impoosible to tell how I got on really. Pretty poorly in the theory but think I did alright in the Published Accounts question. Had around 21/40 going in, guessing I might have scraped a B-.

Corporate Finance: Thank you Jimmy! Lecturer gave us the paper. Having said that, I did make a stupid mistake which I realised the second I got out of the fcukin hall! B+/A-

Cross Cultural Management: I could not care less. Was the only class, along with a few Corporate Finance lectures, that I missed consistenty. Attendance was worth 10% so that's around 8 down the drain already. And I reckon I did fairly crap in the continuous assesment. Paper itself went grand though, was really easy to guess what wa coming up. Probably a B on the paper and anything from a D to C+, or even a B something, overall. It's hard to tell how our lecturer will grade us.

Happy Christmas y'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

went well i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Bit of a downer to finish; Advanced Quants was very difficult. Still, finished!

Advertisement