Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nearly clobbered a Beggar in traffic on the Naas Road.

Options
  • 10-12-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I nearly clobbed a Romanian beggar on my motorbike that walked straight out infront of me while pan handeling with a mc Donalds cup through traffic on the Longmile / Kilemore road junction. I reported him to the cops immediatly as he was a danger to himself and other road users. I thought these guys were all sent home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There are loads of them around that area. Many are on crutches (probably faking it). I just tell them quite directly to 'Fuck off'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

There are the Romanian people and the Roma people two different cultural people (with some overlaps). Some of the Roma people were deported (the whole M50 / Northwood roundabout) but some are here legally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

To clarify, if the particular Roma beggar was from Romania would they
    be a 'Romanian Roma'? ;)

OP, call the police and report them as obstructing traffic and likely
    to cause an accident. You can be bloody sure that if you hit one
    that it'll be the motorist that is found at fault.

I used to give a bit of spare change to them.
    I saw one of them the other night on grafton street begging and talking on his mobile phone at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

jayok wrote: »
    There are the Romanian people and the Roma people two different cultural people (with some overlaps). Some of the Roma people were deported (the whole M50 / Northwood roundabout) but some are here legally.
    If these guy are here legally why don't they draw the dole like everyone else thats not working?

• Advertisement

If these guy are here legally why don't they draw the dole like everyone else thats not working?

Not a simple as that. They can be legally here but also prevented from working. For example, claiming asylum, etc. Social welfare benefits like the 'dole' have to actually be 'awarded' as they are a not an automatic right for all people.

The Roma refer to a group of people with typically no fixed citizenship and are normally just referred to Roma. I'd imagine its to prevent Roma from Italy's capital being called Roma Romas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I nearly clobbed a Romanian beggar on my motorbike that walked straight out infront of me while pan handeling with a mc Donalds cup through traffic on the Longmile / Kilemore road junction. I reported him to the cops immediatly as he was a danger to himself and other road users. I thought these guys were all sent home.

For someone who lives in the Chistianity Forum, I'm surprised you didn't forgive and forget ;)

ned78 wrote: »
    For someone who lives in the Chistianity Forum, I'm surprised you didn't forgive and forget ;)
    We are talking about people who are knowingly up to scamming, causing a nuisance and endangering the lives of themselves and other road users.
    Its obvious that you dont ride a motorbike through Dublin traffic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Round up beggars, fill large ship (leak optional), set sail.

Job done!

f22 wrote: »
    Round up beggars, fill large ship (leak optional), set sail.

Job done!

I just know this thread was going to descend quickly...

• Advertisement

We are talking about people who are knowingly up to scamming, causing a nuisance and endangering the lives of themselves and other road users.
    Its obvious that you dont ride a motorbike through Dublin traffic. :D

Thankfully no, but I do ride a motorbike through Cork traffic though.

ned78 wrote: »
    Thankfully no, but I do ride a motorbike through Cork traffic though.
    Problem solved........round em them up and send them down to Cork! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It'd be like a little holiday for them, complete with foreign language and accents.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Many are on crutches (probably faking it). I just tell them quite directly to 'Fuck off'.

Except the girl with one leg. I don't think she's faking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I think Galway would be better they can sell and buy gold in all those Antique shops :D

NBar wrote: »
    I think Galway would be better they can sell and buy gold in all those Antique shops :D
    What about Limerick? :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

testicle wrote: »

She probably lost it pan-handling in traffic somewhere...

testicle wrote: »

I heard she runs circles around people begging for money :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement