Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast converter for AVI to WMV???

• 10-12-2007 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I’m looking for a fast AVI to WMV conversion program. I want to encode some AVI files. I searched and tried some trial versions, but they are really very slow. They take about 25-minutes to convert AVI video to WMV. Is there any program that can do it faster? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

There are a few here.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-encoders-avi-wmv

i used the m2pmEncoder
    You can also download a free encoder from microsoft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 greg23

Have you checked your CPU configuration? It may be slow in the case of low CPU configuration. Anyway, you may try one called Movavi VideoSuite It is fantastic solution for converting AVI to WMV video quickly. The Movavi VideoSuite offers much more conversion functions comparison to other converts. It can convert almost any video types you can think of (including DVD). It can author DVDs from other input files like video cameras, TV/cable inputs, satellite, VHS tapes and more. Hope this will work out for you. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

betlysmith wrote: »
    They take about 25-minutes to convert AVI video to WMV. Is there any program that can do it faster? Thanks!

It's impossible to know if 25 mins is fast or slow, as we don't know the size or duration of the original files.

If you're on windows, download Windows Media Encoder from microsoft. It's the best free encoder you'll find.

Advertisement