Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

synergy mouse sharing - 2 PC's on diff networks.

Options
  • 10-12-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 PC's in work and i want to free up some desk space by shaing the 1 mouse and 1 keyboard across bith PC's -and i want to do it with synergy if possible.

Both Pc's are XP pro but the main problem is one PC is on a work network and the other is on a fixed IP DSL line.

I'm using the fixed IP dsl line as the server and i've forwarded port 24800 on the router but the client wont even connect. No other firewalls or anything on the server PC...

I cant get it to work over the internet but (even if i could)Synergy is not encrypted so it would be a BAD idea.

Any ideas? especially re doing somehitng w/ SSH so traffic would be encrypted (if any of this is even possible?!)

regards,
    dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭dbrowne9212

Just in case anone is interested i solved it.

In short...

Server PC (fixed IP DSL line) is used as the synergy server. I installed WinSSHD on this PC and stated up the service. Also had to forward connections on port 22 to that the server PC...

On the client PC (behind a business firewall and network) i've created a tunnell with putty and simply pointed the Synergy client down the tunell.

Works a charm.

danny.

Advertisement