Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mondeo 2.2 ST TDCI - What you think?

Options
  • 10-12-2007 6:29pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys, had 1 of these at the weekend there in Manchester, thinking of bringing one over here,thought it was a lovey drive and plenty of poke and economy.
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/303861.htm

Whats your opinions on them, from anyone who may have driven or knows someone who owns one?

Also the VRT at the minute is:
    STATISTICAL CODE: 40585583
    MAKE: FORD
    MODEL: MONDEO 2.2 TDCI
    VERSION: TDCI ST 153BHP 05DR / HATCHBACK / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 20000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): NOVEMBER 2005
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €22186
    RATE OF TAX: 30.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €6655

Any idea, ROUGHLY, what it might be next year?
    From here the emissions are 161, but I am at a loss as to figure the VRT on it from next year, even after reading the threads!! Sorry

http://usedcars.virginmedia.com/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=car_specs&no=2&idmake=16&idmodel=221&ids=FO008967

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I had a spin in one at the weekend too. I was very impressed with the engine. I couldn't tell it was a diesel, even at tickover.

It pulled hard too.

I think you might be better advised to wait until after 01/07/07 Yop. VRT rate on this will reduce, and so will it's value, being an old model.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye, I was thinking that lad, trying to figure out the rates is a bleedin maze!!! Just that I can get my hands on a Ex directors car, fully spec'd in Feb, (cousin is the director), reckons they would let it go for under 9k sterling, hard to let that get away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

drove one, before i changed from my last mondeo and was very impressed. Great looks too. Just make sure ya do a HPI check on it, no matter who ya buy it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

These are terrific cars. and i'm speaking from experience.
    When buying, make sure they come with the leather heated and cooling front seats. A must - and very desirable when you go to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I've always found Mondeos to be great cars to drive and generally excellent value.

I had one a few years ago (it would have been a 2litre petrol engine - older model) and was well pleased with it at the time. I'm seriously thinking about buying another at the moment. It's a shame that people tend to look down on them , but probably good as it means that the second hand prices are low.

As a seperate point I think the TDCI engine is made by the PSA group (which is probably totally irrelevent).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks guys, I think if I could get this motor for 8.5k I should bite their hand off. My cousin has had it since new so I know its history :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

if ya get it, we want pics pics and more pics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That would be 25% VRT from July i think

if ya get it, we want pics pics and more pics. :D

No, feck off cup :p

Do you want me to pose dressed or with my britney spears jocks :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

I looked at bringing one in this year. The VRT was €8500. That was for an 05 one. ouble check the VRT and fill out the web site form to get the exact price. Do it today for todays VRT price. Wait Until july to get Julys VRT price.

• Advertisement

In the first post them figures are copied out of the REVENUE.IE website. 6655 euro for the VRT

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Values, plus VRT and motor tax rates for these cars will all have reduced considerably by next July.

I'd wait until then.

Advertisement