Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive alsation

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I have the bite stats from a dog agression seminar I attended
    Will post up the link later
    Labradors ranked quite high and we covered the rage syndrome and resource guarding tendancies of the Cocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

. You often see people walking 5 or more greyhounds, yes, they are much lighter than rotties, but they walk on a slack lead, so are easy to walk, so with dogs that walk calmly and don't pull, you can easily walk several together.[/quote]
    They are breaking the law doing this-no more than 4 greyhounds can be walked by one person,while it is perfectly legal to walk as many as you like of any other breed(albeit they must be muzzled if they're on the DD list)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

t
    kerrysgold wrote: »
    Well, statistically Cocker spaniels are supposed to be the biggest biters, but nobody is calling for them to be banned because obviously not all cockers are going to bite. same for rotties etc. I think pit bulls are something like 10th on the list? after a bunch of well known family dogs! but saying this-breed-is-more-vicious-than-that-breed isn't helping any dog.

I agree about the ''boy racers'' though, they are such a nuisance, maybe if they banned the ''souping up'' of cars they wouldn't be such show off's driving around in a regular car! the guards don't seem to want to get involved with the "tough" people at all.
    There was a temperament problem with golden cockers in the 70s and 80s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

peasant wrote: »
    Having fun chasing your own tail ? :D

That the best ya can do?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

if the dog wants to get out at you and chew you up he would, trust me on this. If he can put the paws up on the wall he could clear the wall if he wanted.

Hes just been terratorial, and i can safely say that he wont bite, i know similar dogs as these that are guarding stock Yards, they make alot of noise but wont bite. Business owners cant keep dogs that would bite, or they would lose alot of money!

I pretty sure you're safe, the dog is just been a big mouth, ignore him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement