Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of Haze?

Options
  • 10-12-2007 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about a game called Haze? Just saw a review in a magazine there yesterday that gave it a rave review, said it was better than Halo. They rated it 5/5 and only gave Mass Effect 4/5, I've only just started Mass Effect and so far it looks great.

I think it's only released on PS3, but might be released later on Xbox. It really hasn't got a whole lot of press considering it might actually be a fantastic game that's exclusive to PS3:D!! I knew there was a reason I got one of those shiny black boxes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Must've been a Ps3 mag for that review, altho imo does'nt take much to beat halo. Was meant to be out this friday but was knocked back till some time early next year. Looks pretty sweat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Must've been a Ps3 mag for that review.

Nah, was FHM. Which I thought wouldn't be the inside scoop on games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

WTF.

The game isn't out till next year, they're either bull****ting or got a quick play through and based it on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    WTF.

The game isn't out till next year, they're either bull****ting or got a quick play through and based it on that.

I'd be in the same boat as you. I figured they're basing their review on the on-line videos and blurb. They aren't the most reputable publication for factual reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

...except cup sizes.

As for Haze, it certainly looks interesting. Possibly the best feature talked about is the Co-op. You can be halfway through a level, get stuck, contact some friends over the interweb and get them to join in on the level with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was watching a video preview of this on GamerTV the other day and have to say, it's not that impressive looking. From what they've shown, it's got nothing new and for a PS3 game, the GFX aren't the best. They've succeeded in making an almost perfect clone of it with nothing really added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah,saw that as well:Dagree mostly what you said( clone etc) ,nothing really impressive .but they do have few bits new elements like,those soldiers have some stimulant gear at their back,which boost your eyesight/power etg and you will have some side effects(looking blur or faint like,paralyzed etg),and if that thing get shotted ,it will causing you lose control(cant see a thing etg),give you the pretty blurry effect on screen,like you are a future soldier in those big screen.they try that on enemies....funny see them running mad around and you get their back...:Dand you can lay on the floor pretend your dead too:p

that online play thingy also sounded cool...btw,the story seems like an important element,they keep mentioning in the interview

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks nothing but average to me, don't see what the hype is behind it other than a few old goldeneye staff are working on it. Remember Goldeneye is a very old game and has dated horrendously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Really looking forward to it myself. Behind the people who brought us Goldeneye and Timesplitters, so there's definitely the pedigree. I don't quite agree with the 'clone' label either, as it seems to introduce fairly deep (for a videogame, anyway) questions about the whole stereotypical videogame experience.

The whole set-up is that your character is drugged to make their killing look like a videogame, which will hopefully contrast to when you're not drugged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If its the guys who did timesplitters, it has alot of promise. And clone what FPS is'nt one at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The multiplayer should rock.
    The two sides are not balanced, picture WH40K Imperial Guard against a smaller number of junkie Space Marines. You can force the Marines to overdose on the haze drug, causing them to be unable to distringuish between friend and foe. Should make for some interesting online play.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ah,saw that as well:Dagree mostly what you said( clone etc) ,nothing really impressive .but they do have few bits new elements like,those soldiers have some stimulant gear at their back,which boost your eyesight/power etg and you will have some side effects(looking blur or faint like,paralyzed etg),and if that thing get shotted ,it will causing you lose control(cant see a thing etg),give you the pretty blurry effect on screen,

Didn't Narc try and fail with this exact idea?
    And clone what FPS is'nt one at the moment.

I didn't say it was an FPS clone, I said it's a Halo clone. So far it really just seems to rehash halo. And I hate Halo, so I'd like this to be different. Time will tell if it's any good, but I won't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Otacon wrote: »
    ...except cup sizes.

As for Haze, it certainly looks interesting. Possibly the best feature talked about is the Co-op. You can be halfway through a level, get stuck, contact some friends over the interweb and get them to join in on the level with you.
    Is that drop in co-op mode not in something out recently?

Thought I heard it somewhere but maybe it is Haze I'm thinking of.

Did Gears Of War have it? I thought it did.

kaimera wrote:

Thought I heard it somewhere but maybe it is Haze I'm thinking of.
    humanji wrote:

TBH I don't know for sure, but even if another game had it, the feature itself sounds interesting.

I personally loved all the Timesplitter games so if they can do something as fun to play as that, I'm there.

Yeah, I've no friends so I've never thought of it before :D but if arcade games from the 80's can do it, there should be no real reason not to have it in games in 2007/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

kaimera wrote: »

Is this not in Halo 3 already or do they market it differently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ah,saw that as well:Dagree mostly what you said( clone etc) ,nothing really impressive .but they do have few bits new elements like,those soldiers have some stimulant gear at their back,which boost your eyesight/power etg and you will have some side effects(looking blur or faint like,paralyzed etg),and if that thing get shotted ,it will causing you lose control(cant see a thing etg),give you the pretty blurry effect on screen,like you are a future soldier in those big screen.they try that on enemies....funny see them running mad around and you get their back...:Dand you can lay on the floor pretend your dead too:p

that online play thingy also sounded cool...btw,the story seems like an important element,they keep mentioning in the interview

Sounds familiar...oh yeah that happens when I'm wasted.

Anyway the game was supposed to come out in November but got pushed back. It MIGHT be good emphasis on - might-. Graphics wise it doesn't see to bring anything new. But the story could be interesting, and I'm not too hyped about the "nectar" injecting idea. I'll still see what people say about it before I buy it...just to be safe.

This game is being massively over hyped in my opinion. I'm not impressed by any of the video's I've seen. Killzone 2 however looks a million times better in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Looks fairly crap to me... I'll definitely be waiting for some reviews before I reconsider purchasing it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

humanji wrote: »
    Aye, GoW has drop.in/out co.op

Try it if your interested in this interesting feature otacon ;)

kaimera wrote: »
    Aye, GoW has drop.in/out co.op

Try it if your interested in this interesting feature otacon ;)

I will! Though I'll get Haze too if it gets some good reviews.

Advertisement