Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt 2 ban overturned in the UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

its a brutal game anyway played it a fair bit

its tripe, not 1/8th as interesting or good as the first...avoid it at all costs

the whole ban thing is just winning it publicity, but its such a poor game

and even unbanned, the stealth kills are completely censored ingame with the camera going fuzzy, and kills not being too graphic or gorey, takes away from it completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Just saw this on Gamespot:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183825.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6183825

Now since it was pretty clear that the IFCO only banned the game because the BBFC did, what do you think will happen over here now? Could be some red faces over at the IFCO offices.

Seeing as the IFCO ban came before the BBFC one, i doubt they were doing it because the BBFC did.
    Unless you think the IFCO have access to a time machine and traveled to the future so they could copy the BBFC before the BBFC actually did anything.

And i doubt anyone at the IFCO will be left with red faces, as overturned implies that the original game was granted a cert on appeal, which didn't happen.
    This is as a censored version of the original cut of the game which has been granted a rating, on appeal mind you, and this is only assuming that the BBFC don't challenge it again.

And i don't see anything happening here untill rockstar/take-two submit a new version for certification to the IFCO, which to the best of my knowledge they havn't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Meh, the first one was crap anyway, wouldn't play this game if I got it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah the VAC, overturning bans on videogames since 1997. Hurray!

I wonder would they have done the same with the uncensored version?
    Guess we'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Meh, the first one was crap anyway, wouldn't play this game if I got it for free.

QFT
    Sadly, this is just going to be more free publicity for R*.
    I wish they'd just save the publicity stunts for a game that I actually care about (GTA IV)

• Advertisement
Advertisement