Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Level and Benefit

Options
  • 10-12-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I posted this in the state benefits section too, thought maybe someone here might know more...

I was just wondering about recieving welfare while going back to study. I was told you have to be on it at least 6 months, the course starts in September, like most, does that mean I should try to get on the dole for feb/march? Or what way does it work?

Comments

Mrs. MacGyver is a lot more knowledgeable than I will ever be on this matter, although someone else here might know more :)

For anyone else viewing, the other thread is located here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

WindSock wrote: »
    Hi, I posted this in the state benefits section too, thought maybe someone here might know more...

I was just wondering about recieving welfare while going back to study. I was told you have to be on it at least 6 months, the course starts in September, like most, does that mean I should try to get on the dole for feb/march? Or what way does it work?

This may help for more clarification:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/back-to-education/back_to_education_allowance

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Myth wrote: »
    Mrs. MacGyver is a lot more knowledgeable than I will ever be on this matter, although someone else here might know more :)

For anyone else viewing, the other thread is located here.

Yep. According to Mrs Mac, it's 12 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

Hi,

I am in college since September studying Business as a mature student, I did get a BTEA after 9 months but do know others who are in college who will not get BTEA but are hoping to qualify for it next September!

It is very rewarding college life and I would recommend it to anyone, I am enjoying it but have to travel 80 mile a day, five days a week which is very tiring! I have three children so renting is not an option for me I have to go home everyday!

If I can be of any help to others just send me a message, the whole third level is a maze and it is very difficult to get the proper information - one suggestion I would make to anyone intending to go to a particular college is to go to the open days, career days there is a lot of information at them and also to contact the colleges direct, most of them are very helpful, at least that is what I found anyway!

Best wishes for Christmas and health and happiness in 2008,

Blue Shimmering:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement