Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest broadband with no download cap?

Options
  • 10-12-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

Whats the cheapest broadband with no download cap?

at the moment ive got "metro lite" (1mb dl with 10gb limit) and i am thinking to upgrade to something with a larger cap. was thinking about "always on premium" from imagine (any one have opinions on imagine as a provider?)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Whats the cheapest broadband with no download cap?

at the moment ive got "metro lite" (1mb dl with 10gb limit) and i am thinking to upgrade to something with a larger cap. was thinking about "always on premium" from imagine (any one have opinions on imagine as a provider?)

Imagine have a 30Gb limit on their premium. Smart have no cap on any of their packages. IBB have no cap but that's wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Both with an acceptable usage policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

As far as I know NTL/Chorus are unable to monitor your usage, so they are effectively uncapped. I'm pretty sure that is the case anyway, someone else here might be able to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no.
    Generally only either expensive LLU dsl or fibre is really uncapped, or services that are so slow the cap is irrelevent.

Cable does have a cap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As far as I know NTL/Chorus are unable to monitor your usage, so they are effectively uncapped. I'm pretty sure that is the case anyway, someone else here might be able to confirm it.

They've sent out warning letters and cut people off in the past.

• Advertisement
Advertisement