Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any gyms in IT Tallaght???

• 10-12-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hows the going?

im due to attend phase 4 of my electrical apprenticeship in IT Tallaght, ill be there for 10 weeks and ill crack up if there isnt any gym!!!! i was wondering if any body could give me some info regarding the gym facillities (if there is one) opening hours, equipment etc, tried emailing the college sport section and got no reply, so if any body has any info id greatly appreciate it.......

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

i think ur confusing it tallaght with a college that has facilities hence the no reply! although there is a gym thats less then a 10 minute walk away called westpark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭maradona10

look up,crossfit on this site. its based near the greenhills road about 10min walk from college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Hows the going?

im due to attend phase 4 of my electrical apprenticeship in IT Tallaght, ill be there for 10 weeks and ill crack up if there isnt any gym!!!! i was wondering if any body could give me some info regarding the gym facillities (if there is one) opening hours, equipment etc, tried emailing the college sport section and got no reply, so if any body has any info id greatly appreciate it.......

Cheers

Ha Ha good one, a gym.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

scruff321 wrote: »
    i think ur confusing it tallaght with a college that has facilities hence the no reply! although there is a gym thats less then a 10 minute walk away called westpark

looked it up looks fairly class in fairness, im only up there for 10 weeks... and something tells me they wont do a 10 week membership, not unless they do some student monthly membership or something similar, id say id be better off ringing them....cheers anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 NialoF1

Wouldn't be a bad addition to the college though eh? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SandySquarePant

I attended IT Tallaght for four years and found that the facilities improved every year I was there. There isn't a gym on campus but there a special rates available to IT Tallaght students who attend Westpark Gym. I am still a memeber in Westpark and find its facilities are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I attended IT Tallaght for four years and found that the facilities improved every year I was there. There isn't a gym on campus but there a special rates available to IT Tallaght students who attend Westpark Gym. I am still a memeber in Westpark and find its facilities are excellent.

How much is westpark to join?

How much is westpark to join?

If you are a student or work in the area there is no joining fee. Yearly membership is €600+ but you can pay on a monthly basis either. and again that's less for IT Tallaght students

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If you are a student or work in the area there is no joining fee. Yearly membership is €600+ but you can pay on a monthly basis either. and again that's less for IT Tallaght students

I don't understand...there's no fee but there is a fee? If I have to pay monthly, but get a discount cos I'm a student, what does the average person have to pay?

Zillah wrote: »
    I don't understand...there's no fee but there is a fee? If I have to pay monthly, but get a discount cos I'm a student, what does the average person have to pay?

Sorry, should have been a bit more clear. There's a registration fee which students, paddy power DAB staff, and other workers in certain cos don't have to pay. It was €70 when I joined two years ago but I just showed them my syudent card. then after that i paid monthly membership

• Advertisement
Advertisement