Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Exam Center

• 10-12-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey,

Ok, have my first exam tomrrow in Blackrock... Memorial Hall E I think it is for tomorrow, anyone have exams there yet? Whats it like? Big/small/packed/empty/noisy etc etc... IN a few different places in Blackrock over the next two weeks so whats the heads up on any of the halls? :rolleyes: (Any birds flying around like a certain center had last yr!?) :eek:Oh, and far is the walk from the dart station to the place? Roughly! :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

gonna be such a pain in the ass getting up there... 6pm exam in blackrock on wed, rush hours gonan be a killer.

oh to be back in the rds in first year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It's about a 10 minute walk from Blackrock DART station, http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1492753

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

Anyone taking a car better watch out there are clampers about! Got stickered today for not parking in a proper parking place reckon they might start clamping tomorrow! :(:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hall E I think is in one of the outbuildings as far as I remember. I think it was pleasant and quiet enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Thanks all, that amp was helpful bigjim - cheers! Found it handy yday, less than ten minutes walk even. The Hall E was grand, decent size (although obviously nothing compared to the RDS!) but we were the only exam on so just the 20 of us shoved over to the irst two lanes! Think Im in the oatory tomorrow - they must have known we would be needing prayers!lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

Here's a rather useful map of all the entire Blackrock campus:

http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/maps/blackrock.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

we were the only exam on so just the 20 of us shoved over to the irst two lanes!
    You think that's bad, my 25 person exam was in the RDS Main hall, on our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

This is gona sound awfully dumb but I've alz been in the RDS!! Where IS Blackrock??? How do I get there?? Is there a Bus from town or UCD like?? I dunno..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

This is gona sound awfully dumb but I've alz been in the RDS!! Where IS Blackrock??? How do I get there?? Is there a Bus from town or UCD like?? I dunno.....
    There's a bus from UCD. Check the examination shuttle bus link on this page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

the 17 goes into B'rock and its a v short walk from there

you could get the 46A and walk from Stillorgan

oh yeah and what was posted above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

No walk to Booterstown and get the number 7. Its much more frequent then the dam awful no 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I concur, as much as I have bad memories of the number 7 bus I have far worse ones of the 17.

The walk down will clear your mind too, leave you in a better position for the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

If you're walking down that way you can get the 4, 4a or the 45 either. The 7 has a tendency not to come for ages (although it's better than the 17, which has a tendency not to come at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Getting the 7 is no problem, my problem is where to get off? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

the 17 is a pile of ****e and results in my poor college attendance.. one in every 3 scheduled buses just doesnt come and ure left waiting there for hours!

i had an exam at six in blackrock yesterday - got the 17 at 4pm (from terenure) just to make sure i got there!! that is a joke!

Getting the 7 is no problem, my problem is where to get off? :(

I think you get off at the shopping centre and walk up - that's what I did last time I had an exam that I got a bus to there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Going towards Dun Laoghaire, the 7 goes through the village. So you'd be best getting off at the Wicked Wolf, in the middle of the village, then walking up the road towards Carysfort Ave. Basically the same as the Dart map I made near the top of the thread.

It's gotta be said you've been loving those maps there Jim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

The SU have this planner:http://www.ucdsu.net/uploadfiles/resources/examguide1.pdf but it seems to show the wrong 17 timetable i.e. how to get to UCD from Blackrock... are they that thick or do I have it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

wonderworm wrote: »
    Anyone taking a car better watch out there are clampers about! Got stickered today for not parking in a proper parking place reckon they might start clamping tomorrow! :(:(

my friend got clamped yesterday for not paying and displaying

pretty dear exam...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is there much parking in blackrock? Would I be better off parking in UCD and getting the bus to blackrock? My exam is at 6pm, so I imagine traffic would be bad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Is there much parking in blackrock? Would I be better off parking in UCD and getting the bus to blackrock? My exam is at 6pm, so I imagine traffic would be bad too.

Better safe than sorry.. As you said, traffic will be awful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah, cheers. Have some sh*t to do in the college anyway, so might as well bus it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What's the parking like out in blackrock, i have an exam there tomorrow morning at 9 and i'm considering driving there from rathfarnham. Does anyone have any idea how long it'll take to get out there, i was thinking i'd leave at around 7:30am to get there for 9?
    Cheers,
    Alan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What's the parking like out in blackrock, i have an exam there tomorrow morning at 9 and i'm considering driving there from rathfarnham. Does anyone have any idea how long it'll take to get out there, i was thinking i'd leave at around 7:30am to get there for 9?
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Thats very tight i think. Cos i think to get into carysfort ave coming from the city you gotta go through blackrock village. Traffic will be crazy

Thats very tight i think. Cos i think to get into carysfort ave coming from the city you gotta go through blackrock village. Traffic will be crazy

I shouldn't have to go through blackrock village, ill be coming from rathfarnham, so ill be driving through churchtown, under the luas bridge and taking the right at fosters avenue on to the stillorgan road. Would i still be pushing it? I'm starting to think that i might have to just cycle it...
    Correct me if i'm wrong because i'm not that great with directions:o

Does anyone have any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Yeah thats the best way from Rathfarnham. Once on the dual carriageway its the left at the Stillorgan/Bondi Beach Club traffic lights. I'd say 7.30 would be ok, but make it 7 if you wanna leave yourself some time to read over stuff. Traffic starts blocking up about quarter to 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

Live in Ballinteer and went by the same route. Had an exam there on tuesday. Left the house at 7.45 and got there by about 8.30

• Advertisement

SuperHans wrote: »
    Live in Ballinteer and went by the same route. Had an exam there on tuesday. Left the house at 7.45 and got there by about 8.30

Cool, ill leave at 730 just to play it safe and to give myself some study time, God knows i need it. Thanks for replying.
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Advertisement