Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting an account...

Options
  • 10-12-2007 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Can someone let me know how I can delete my account...??

I don't understand why you can't simply delete your account...it seems to one flaw among many on this site...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

Just pick out random letter and numbers, change your password to that, logout, and forget you've a username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't understand why you can't simply delete your account...it seems to one flaw among many on this site...
    And what would happen to all your posts, to say nothing of the flow of conversation of any threads you participated in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I'd like to delete an account also. The first one I created was corrupt -- when I log in, I can't post or anything. Such a waste of resources! I had initially though I needed to pay to use the site :o.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ethernet wrote: »
    I had initially though I needed to pay to use the site :o.

You do, and your account is well overdue. The boys will be around in the morning. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

zaph wrote: »
    You do

uh-oh, i never paid. how much and where do i send it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

noblestee wrote: »
    uh-oh, i never paid. how much and where do i send it?

I will send you the details.

*rubs hands*

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Changing your password is the best way really. If you want I can siteban you, same thing either way I guess.

The reason we don't let you delete your account is due to reasons that aidan walsh has mentioned. I don't remember seeing any other VBulletin or PHPbb forum allow users to delete their account though, so it's not secluded to boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

use an old account to act the tit. When an smod says you started it to by pass a ban. Job done.

Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gbh wrote: »
    Can someone let me know how I can delete my account...??

Just leave and never enter the URL again. That's it, did you need to create a thread about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

there only room for one "bh" around here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I foresee grevious bodily harm, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

tba is next :D

Advertisement