Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco mobile how to disable voicemail

• 10-12-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I recently bought motofone F3 9.99 from tesco.
    Voicemail access is .20c /min. Does anyone know how to disable it?

thks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Does Tesco Mobile customer support not know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As far as I know, O2 don't allow you to disable voicemail. I assume Tesco would be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

as solitary man says switch off the diverts to voicemail and it will ring out or not connect the call instead of diverting to voicemail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up care and ask them ot disable voicemail. Then make sure you don't dial 171 and it won't be reactivated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They won't disable voicemail or diverts. They make serious money from calls that go to VM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

you can disable voicemail diverts from the phone...you dont need to ring care

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They won't disable voicemail or diverts. They make serious money from calls that go to VM.
    [quote=http://www.tescomobile.ie/gettingstartedVoicemail.aspx]

Setting up and managing voicemail
    How it works

There are always times when you can't take a call - or you don't want to! With Tesco Mobile, you'll always get the message. Your mobile is set up to take messages as soon as you turn it on, so all your missed calls (if your phone is turned off or if you are on another call) will be waiting for you in your voicemail.

* You will be notified by text when you receive a new voicemail message.
    * To listen to your messages, dial 171, and press the ‘send’ button (this usually has a green symbol on it) and then press 1 to listen to your messages.

If you would prefer not to have your voicemail service switched on, you can turn it off from your handset.
    [/quote]
    You can disable it.

Fair enough so. It is greedy o2 that won't.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Fair enough so. It is greedy o2 that won't.
    What do you base your comments on?

Ring O2 - they will disable it for you. Simple.

• Advertisement

I tried before and they refused point blank. We are talking speakeasy now.

That's complete ****e. There must have been a misunderstanding there somewhere!

They'll definitely do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Surely its as simple as removing all diverts and not dialing 171?

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Surely its as simple as removing all diverts and not dialing 171?
    O2 don't let you play with diverts on a Speakeasy phone. They only support divert to voicemail and you need to ring them ot have them add/remove/alter it.

And then just don't dial 171 and voicemail will stay removed.

So yes MrJoeSoap, that simple :)

The o2 rep said that they will not disable diverts on speakeasy phones.

Did you ring them again or is this still based on the first call? I don't blame you for wanting to believe you got the right answer the first time, but you didn't. Ring them back and they'll sort it for you.

I stand corrected.

The new guy did it without quibble. I am now happy.

Can't blame you completely I guess. Unusual that they'd get it so blatently wrong though in my experience.

Aw well.. you live and learn. The no1 rule of dealing with call centres is to ring at least 3 times and take the average answer. The more you call the more accurate your answer will become :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

What I understand is that Tesco Mobile use a different switch and voice mail system from that of O2. They only use O2's masts but customer care and everything else is different from O2 so I don't think that ringing O2 customer care will help. Neither is it right to think that Tesco Mobile's network works the same as that of O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

random wrote: »
    What do you base your comments on?

Ring O2 - they will disable it for you. Simple.
    random wrote: »
    That's complete ****e. There must have been a misunderstanding there somewhere!

They'll definitely do it.

rang o2 about month ago they insisted they could not disable voicemail for speakeasy customers but tesco mobile allow you to disable it in your phone settings

• Advertisement

o2 disabled it tonight for me. I was refused the first time, but they did it no bother tonight.

Again, in summary:
    - Tesco allow you to disable voicemail from your phone. Ring customer care if you're having problems.
    - O2 Speakeasy allow you to disable voicemail but you have to ring them to get it done.

Ifs, buts, etc. This is how it is.

As for Tesco/O2 using different systems etc .. I don't see the relevence - the above remains true.

Advertisement