Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searchlight in the sky : North Side

Options
  • 10-12-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been out to my back garden for a smoke, and I swear I saw a search light in the sky. I'm in Coolock now.

Also, I was in Harry Byrne's on the Howth Road last night and thought I saw it then too, before I went in.

Anyone tell me what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I do see when out on Clontarf Promenade so you are not imaging things.
    Someone in this forum said it was Bondi Beach nightclub in Stillorgan.
    It might be, I don't know but I'd definitly say it's a nightclub somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty damned obvious really

Its to pick out southsiders as they parachute in for cheaper cocaine prices. :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

micmclo wrote: »
    Stillorgan
    :eek:

Oh and Mike...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

its something near smithfield i think, i can see it most nights from firhouse and saw it last week from capel street (thats why im assumin its in smithfield)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

micmclo wrote: »
    I do see when out on Clontarf Promenade so you are not imaging things.
    Someone in this forum said it was Bondi Beach nightclub in Stillorgan.
    It might be, I don't know but I'd definitly say it's a nightclub somewhere

bondi is shut down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Xmas on Ice in Smithfield ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its the ice skating at smithfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

its the ice skating at smithfield

I thought the ice rink was cancelled this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Im pretty sure its the concerts in the Pheonix park.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Saw it today from the RDS and also from Templeogue. Its 2 beams. I have seen them many times in the last month. They move quite a bit in a set straight line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah it's for Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There is no ice skating at Smithfield this year!

Thank Fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I can see it too from Marino..looks like its coming from Croke Park/Drumcondra area??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I can see it here too (Castleknock). These things are usually around movie previews, big gigs and other events like that. dont know of any at the mo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

EF wrote: »
    I can see it too from Marino..looks like its coming from Croke Park/Drumcondra area??

Defo not from that area, when standing on the platform at Drumcondra train station it looks like it is around the Smithfield area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

To clear this up for everyone

The search lights are from Smithfield Square from the Christmas on Ice.
    Christmas on Ice was cancelled earlier in november but dundalk icedome and a couple of other businesses sponcered it so its on again this year - started friday two week ago!!

These are definitely the search lights in question - i live in smithfield square and see the damned things all evening!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I was just about to start a thread about these asking anybody did they know where they were coming from.

I live right next to the Phoenix Park and at first I thought they were for the concerts but they don't seem to be coming from the park.

I saw them coming home from DCU as well, absolutely wrecking my head trying to figure out where they were from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Totally seems like Smithfield. I'm on Baggot Street and it looks dead West from there.....or maybe North West.....or South West....but it's definitely not East (aka the sea)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Another case closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

dlambirl wrote: »
    To clear this up for everyone

The search lights are from Smithfield Square from the Christmas on Ice.
    Christmas on Ice was cancelled earlier in november but dundalk icedome and a couple of other businesses sponcered it so its on again this year - started friday two week ago!!

These are definitely the search lights in question - i live in smithfield square and see the damned things all evening!!!

Awww, I was hoping it was gonna be something much more interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Batman must be flat out, everytime he sees the poxy lights he thinks he's getting a call out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its the temple of sound nightclub

wait a minute... what year is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hockey1

ye those lights are coming from the ice rink dublin on ice in smithfield they have 2 on the go from bout 5 to 10 every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Is the Ice Rink not in Booterstown and Liffey Valley ??? I thought the Smithfield one was cancelled this year ??? I was told the lights were coming from Booterstown one. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If you stand on O'Connell Bridge, they clearly aren't coming from Booterstown.

Smithfield it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Its defo coming from Smithfield, not sure what's on in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hockey1

em booters town dont know who told you that but there wrong smithfield ice rink dublin on ice has two off them on top of there box office in the plaza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Its Smithfield On Ice People!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

dlambirl wrote: »
    Its Smithfield On Ice People!!!

At last somebody speaks sense! They are from Smithfield on Ice. There is also an ice rink in Booterstown and one in Liffey Valley, but neither of these have search lights over the city centre.

Advertisement