Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re: MSCA/MCSE Exams

Options
  • 10-12-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A friend mentioned to me at the weekend that if you use online sample exams to study for MCSA/MCSE, that some questions/answers in them are deliberately wrong and that if you give these wrong answers in the exam then Microsoft can assume your cheating and ban you from taking other exams? Is this true?

I haven't undertaken any exams yet and was hoping that these on-line sample would give me a feel for what the exams are like as I don't want to go in there without knowing what format etc to expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Ok

First question there a number of certified providers that provide exams such as MeasureUp.

The thing is that they cant really say if you did not answer the question correctly that you are cheating. Everyone makes mistakes, but doing the exam in 4 minutes is a fairly obvious sign that you possibly did cheat. It is afterall an exam situation and you may have inadvertently picked the wrong answer or just taken a shot at one. Such is life.

Some exams contain questions that are not scored, as part of inline beta testing of questions or introduction of new questions to the test bank. These check things like wording and such to see if the question is constantly being failed then there is something wrong.

So dont worry about getting a question wrong if you have followed the proper channels. However, a lot of braindumps have incorrect questions or give the wrong answer because the person didnt understand the question.

Also take a look at this for tips on your first exam and also here for sample question types

Also smack your friend in the mouth for freaking out before your first exam. Thats not very fair :confused:

Hope that helps somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Ah right, he just didn't do a very good job of explaining things! I didn't think it could be right that Microsoft could just fail you based on your answers.

The measure up exams look good, so will take a look at them.

Thanks for the help ginger.

Tinytony wrote: »
    I didn't think it could be right that Microsoft could just fail you based on your answers.

Read that one again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

:o:o:o

That's probably one of the stupidest comments I've ever made!! And I expect to get an MCSA!!

Thanks for pointing it out! :o

Brightened my day up!

I am also finishing my MCSA well next year, I have 2 exams left, the Vista exam and the 291 exam.

• Advertisement
Advertisement