Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The thrill of it all

Options
  • 10-12-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight I emptied the charred remnants of my CC account into the Swansea/Horsham FA Cup replay, I put the money on a straight win bet @ 1.16. Hardly worth the bother you might think but I thought it was worth doing for the low level of risk.

Horsham (9th in the Ryman League) opened the scoreing :eek: Swansea stuck back within a minute. Then Horsham, 4 divisons lower, scored again and they did'nt even have thier top striker availible double :eek:

About 15 mins later the home side who top League 2 got back on terms, at this point I was just hoping the lack of fittess of a part-time side would tell in the 2nd 45 minutes. It did, the Swans knocked in another 4 the matching finishing 6-2.

Phew! :p

Betting, its fun is'nt it? :D

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

mike65 wrote: »
    Tonight I emptied the charred remnants of my CC account into the Swansea/Horsham FA Cup replay, I put the money on a straight win bet @ 1.16. Hardly worth the bother you might think but I thought it was worth doing for the low level of risk.

Horsham (9th in the Ryman League) opened the scoreing :eek: Swansea stuck back within a minute. Then Horsham, 4 divisons lower, scored again and they did'nt even have thier top striker availible double :eek:

About 15 mins later the home side who top League 2 got back on terms, at this point I was just hoping the lack of fittess of a part-time side would tell in the 2nd 45 minutes. It did, the Swans knocked in another 4 the matching finishing 6-2.

Phew! :p

Betting, its fun is'nt it? :D

Mike.
    Its some buzz altogether... when you win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Was watching it the goals fly in on xscore Mike
    Thought here we go again when Horsham went ahead TWICE!
    Had a look at backing Swansea in that game myself but decided the odds just werent worth it
    Went instead for Liverpool reserves +1 against boro reserves @1-2
    They won 4-0 !!!
    dunno what the hell i was thinking with the +1
    A win is a win is a win though.

Advertisement