Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log store floor ventilation

Options
  • 10-12-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I've had a log store built with three ventilated sides and an open front. I want to properly season firewood prior to burning it to allow the moisture content to drop.

The store has a concrete floor - can anyone suggest a suitable material to lay on it to allow air to get underneath the logs rather than just putting them directly on the concrete floor?

Any thoughts/experience would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Palates? Maybe double up the slats on top to stop you tripping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Yes, I considered this but they would reduce the head room too much. I need something similar but with a lower profile. It would also need to be non-slip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Lay 50 x 50mm treated battens on the floor and then floor it with 100 x 25mm at what ever spacing will allow you to have a grippy floor and also adequate ventilation.
    Use rough sawn timber to give grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

build a platform similar in constuction to the shelves you would see in a hotpress. treated timber in 16 foot lenghts is easilly got in a builders merchants

Advertisement