Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost!!!

• 11-12-2007 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

ANyone tell us when the new series of lost starts? thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=559

Try the Lost forum. Welcome to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

From Wikipedia.
    Season 4 will feature (pending resolution of the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike) 16 episodes that will be broadcast in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada beginning in February 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Actually I think we're only getting 8 episodes next year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Romero

Are we only getting 8 episodes due to the writers strike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think so.. i could be wrong!

Check out the 'Lost' forum for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

from thetailsection.com
    The writers' strike news du jour is that Lost showrunner Carlton Cuse is heading back to work. Not as a writer, mind you, but as a producer. That's the hardest part about this strike: this isn't the old days of TV where writers are just writers, directors are just directors, and actors are just actors. Most people wear many hats, and though those people on other shows have stayed away, Cuse is heading back to work.

Cuse will not be writing anything else, but he will help finish post-production work on the first eight episodes of the fourth season, which are all written and filmed. In an interview with the New York Times, Cuse said "We feel we owe that to our fans."

I suspect some fans won't like this. Yes, breaking the strike line is bad, but even worse would be letting someone else put the finishing touches on these eight episodes. ABC is going to air the first eight episodes in the spring, regardless of whether Cuse and/or Damon Lindelof oversaw their total completion. For a show like Lost, the mythology is so rich that every moment and cut will be scrutinized by fans, and every little element of the series is important in telling the larger story that Cuse and Lindelof want to tell. To have these eight episodes finished without their input would be a travesty, and possibly make it more difficult for them to do what they want to do it.

Even if you're opposed to Cuse's decision, you have to respect his commitment to us, the fans. He's not doing this for the networks or his co-workers or the writers or even himself. He's doing it for us. He's doing it so that Lost fans get to see the real Lost, the one he and Lindelof intended us to see. Some of you may not respect him for this choice, but I thank him.

Advertisement