Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

importing new from Japan Accord Euro R

Options
  • 11-12-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

hi folks whats the process importing one of these badboys from japan NEW!

http://www.batfa.com/new_car_honda_accord_euro_r.htm

its priced new at $30600 plus shipping to Ireland of $1200usd

with the dollar the way it is seems like a bargain,, ( that is until you get it to Ireland)

my question is, how are the irish revenue going to calculate the vrt due on it,? its a 1998/ 2000cc petrol, but its not available in ireland.....

i suppose they would recognise it as a type S ;);) , ? what do you think?
    shipping seems very cheap... and considering that the accord is built in japan, it may come over on the same boat?

apart from radio frequencies being different, is there anything else to be wary about? is warranty covered in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Why would they view it as a Type-S?

There's a Euro R up the road from me, blue, very nice.

Phone your local VRO for a price on VRT (and the rest).

You will not have any sort of warranty unless provided by whoever you bought from. Universal Honda will not cover it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are a good few JDM Accord Euro Rs in the country now. Carzone have a good few for sale. I'm sure the VRO are well aware of the OMSP at this stage. You also have to pay VAT on top of that as it is being imported from outside the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

bazz26 wrote: »
    There are a good few JDM Accord Euro Rs in the country now. Carzone have a good few for sale. I'm sure the VRO are well aware of the OMSP at this stage. You also have to pay VAT on top of that as it is being imported from outside the EU.
    Duty AND VAT, let's be clear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

what_car wrote: »
    its priced new at $30600 plus shipping to Ireland of $1200usd

That shipping cost seems really low to me. A friend of mine shipped a container from US and it cost over 6 grand

apart from radio frequencies being different, is there anything else to be wary about? is warranty covered in Ireland?

These are classed as "grey" imports meaning they were not originally meant to be sold in the European market. I think under EU law manufacturers are only obliged to cover models which were originally only intended to be sold in the EU. Most likely Honda will not honour the warranty outside of Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Do you need an NCT for a new grey import? In the UK there is something called the SVA. I think its to test that the car is road legal and may need some optional extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

These are classed as "grey" imports meaning they were not originally meant to be sold in the European market. I think under EU law manufacturers are only obliged to cover models which were originally only intended to be sold in the EU. Most likely Honda will not honour the warranty outside of Japan.

i rekon your right......saw a few on carzone, look identical to my car, except the twin exhaust...

i rekon your right......saw a few on carzone, look identical to my car, except the twin exhaust...

They have a different 2.0 litre lump to yours too afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

They have a different 2.0 litre lump to yours too afaik.

doh i know that, i was speaking of seeing one from the outside..
    the euro R has a higher bhp engine

Advertisement