Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jaguar XJ6 3.2

Options
  • 11-12-2007 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Ok so i was wondering does anybody know any faults with these cars? particularly the 1990 ones? i tried a google on it and got loads of cr*p that made no sense. various sites telling me this and another that...

I would like to hear from any jag owners/mechanics. Or if you know your stuff.
    i'll post a pic too. make it easier to identify because google doesn't really find the Jag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If I were in your position, I'd only consider a '95 or newer. I believe Ford made a good turnaround in quality control / reliability since taking over Jaguar. Don't take my lousy recollection though. Best check with the experts for details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

my da has already bought the car. he has it a while and we took it for a few runs up to wex and back 120mile round trip
    seemed fine but we want to keep it mint because V/low mileage.
    just want to make sure there are no factory faults

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

From recollection, they're thrown together. Have a look for a UK owners board, they should be able to help you much more there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I've got a lovely 2000 3.2 V8 for only 8500 euros if your interested.:)

Advertisement