Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 15th Anniversary Spoilers

• 11-12-2007 2:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

So, anyone up watchin this?

Hope that wasn't Sunny's only involvement!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

me but ive a big day ahead of me tomorrow

Jeff hardys match with carlto was a joke!

Hardys swanton bomb missed by a foot!

Bad ending too carlito is ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I will admit to having a bit of a laugh at the opening segment!! Heard RVD is supposed to make an appearance at some stage!

ah jesus american tv!

All the ****in ads!

:mad::eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I doubt RVD will be on...oh how wrong I am!

So did RVD have to take a Wellness test?! I don't like Santino being jobbed out to old guys and non-employees so much. If they can push a guy just because he's big then they can push a guy just because he's funny

• Advertisement

a new faction, a new split!

Nice:D

Hogan's promo sounded like a commercial that Vince wrote, haha. Was that some sort of hint of a match with Randy Savage? Or Jay Lethal maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Yet again, everybody's got a price for the million dollar man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Fozzy wrote: »
    So, anyone up watchin this?

Hope that wasn't Sunny's only involvement!

Sunny looked smokin!!!!!!!

i guess if he wasnt there tonight we will never see The Rock on Raw again:(

Well, that was a pretty average show. I suspect Mr.Nice Guy won't be too pleased about taping over Judgment Day! Marty Jannetty was the only old guy who got a chance to put on any sort of show but it still didn't mean much and it's unlikely that he'll be rehired

Tag title change sucks bad. No heat for the match at all, it was completely meaningless and I really hate to see Cade and Murdoch being wasted like this

Looks like it could be Hogan vs Khali for WM. Whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Balls, I ended up taping over the entire Judgment Day PPV for that show! I was supposed to save the main event! I couldn't be arsed pausing though for those constant ad breaks. There was a moment where they had a two minute segment then went to an ad and then came back for a two minute squash match - then went back to an ad! Ridiculous stuff!

Anyways on to the show itself, I felt it was alright. Pretty much what I had expected. Some really fun moments and some really crappy moments. Most of the guys I wanted to see were there with only one guy notably absent. Some thoughts...

- Don't know bout anybody else but I felt that opening was largely a failure. Too many unfunny bits despite Vince and Triple H's efforts. Just very bad material. Crowd were dead silent for that Mae Young joke which went on and on. The only saving grace for me in all this was Sunny! I concur with Richie above as she looked damn fine! Great to see her back in shape. This segment sucked balls however. The Triple H/Steph bit was cool but the rest was bad. As for the ending, anyone else find it strange that Hornswoggle, the most child-friendly wrestler on the roster, was seen dancing with the Godfather's hoes? I wonder how the parents explained that one to their kids! It's funny cos you read how Vince wants to tone down the adult raunchy stuff one minute and then the next minute he has the young fan favourite Hornswoggle getting his face shoved into a woman's cleavage. Odd.

- Ladder match was OK. I thought Jeff might lose the title but not so.

- RVD returned! Someone in WWE creative must have read my request! :) Got a big pop too which was nice. Was surprised Santino was squashed but he's lost already to a fifty-year-old plus announcer so what can you do?

- Way too much Triple H for my liking on this show. I think he was shilling three separate shirts tonight.

- I enjoyed the video packages but I thought it was funny how the New Age Outlaws were effectively airbrushed from history Stalin-style in the DX video packages. Also Bret Hart hardly featured in the videos I saw yet he was a big part of Raw. Should have been more Rock too.

- The Battle Royal was good fun. Good to see Steve Blackman back and he looked the same as he always did. I remember him being pushed as the greatest hardcore champion of all time almost ten years ago. Time flies. Shame that many didn't seem to know the Million Dollar Man.

- Hogan still gets the pops! Crowd loved him. If they're building towards Hogan/Khali at Wrestlemania I'm not looking forward to Khali being pushed heavily and destroying all before him like earlier in the year! I must admit though I'm curious to see if Hogan can actually slam Khali.

- Crowd were DEAD for the tag match. They didn't even try to get into it. The tag switch meant absolutely NOTHING and in retrospect you have to wonder why they did this on Raw.

- I enjoyed seeing Trish and Lita again. Lita shouldn't be remembered as a slutty sidekick but as one of the most popular female wrestlers ever. In 2000, 2001 she was insanely popular. The bit with Kane, Lita and Simmons made me laugh I have to say.

- Great to see Marty Jannetty back. Alas the crowd didn't react to him much. Also Kennedy sucks big time. That match was very dull (admittedly the crowd weren't a help) but I'm laying the blame on Kennedy for that one.

- Final segment was fun, if a little predictable. Shame there wasn't a People's Elbow prior to the Stunner but I suppose you can never have a perfect reunion where everyone you wanted to see turns up.

Overall I'd say it was a decent show. It was heavy on nostalgia and the return of certain stars made it enjoyable for me, however I didn't care for much of the rest. Certainly not worth taping! Now I gotta find Guerrero/JBL from somewhere. :)

Yeah, the opening segment wasn't much use. I thought the Steph/HHH stuff was pointless. It's like an insider joke except that everyone gets it. And HHH just can't do comedy

I'm sure the show got a few more people watching, but did it build up to the PPV next week to keep those people watching? I don't see how it did. Maybe for Shawn vs Kennedy it got some people interested, but other than that it didn't leave me wanting to see any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thank good for sky plus :D recorded it and i can fast forward past the ads.

Nice guy do a search for wrestlingforyou you might get the Eddie JBL match there

Haha, just read that the Godfather's hoes were flashing the crowd after the show, not the smartest thing to do

Bob Backlund back in WWE was gas, he never got that TNA title that he wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

When i heard Lita was going to be there i thought there would be a team extreme reunion. I'm glad she was there and got a good reaction after she got a terrible send off on her final show/PPV and she is one the best female wrestlers ever in WWE history.

SCSA/Hulk Hogan/Trish/Lita/Marty Jannetty/RVD/Steve Blackman :):) :D:):D

I agree they were too much HHH i thought the opening segment with McMahons was funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I must admit though I'm curious to see if Hogan can actually slam Khali.

of course he can, hogan slammed big show easily in april and wight had approx 50-60lb on khali despite wight dropping to 440lb

Can hogan give khali the big boot in the face with khali standing up straight is more than question, it would require hogan lifting his leg higher than his head :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

He could bring the steps into the ring for the big boot.... :S

Yeah this is building up a WM match. He motioned the slam.

the show wasnt too bad imho. I like seeing all the oldies despite being unable to wrestle. What is sad is the WWE croud not reacting to any of it. They dont even know who these people are. Really the WWE croud have become lazy and uneducated. I guess this happens when they are being spoon fed un-nurishing spots each week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

He could bring the steps into the ring for the big boot.... :S

more like Khali coming half way up the steps into the ring and getting a boot to the face through the ropes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Marty vs Kennedy wasn't too bad, Jannetty looked handy but the crowd killed it completely, it wasa confusing show, Is RVD back or what? who will get a job?

• Advertisement

Nah, RVD's not back, he got added to WWE's alumni section on their site though. I can't see anyone getting a job after that, maybe just Steve Corino if he had a good dark match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I thougth one of the best parts was Kane and Lita with ron simmons lol :D

RVD might come back again at the Rumble if they decide to bring back some old faces the way they used to do at the Rumble but I can't see him being in WWE full-time for a while yet. I just hope he avoids TNA.

I read on PWInsider here that RVD gave an interview with WWE.com about last night but I can't find that anywhere. Has anyone read it cos I'd like to give it a look.

On the show itself I'd also like to add that I LOL'd for the guy with the sign which simply read U-MAN-GA. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It doesnt make sense for RVD to do a one night gig, especially with the manner he went out in (the Orton punt storyline), but hey since when does wrestling make sense?

I read on PWInsider here that RVD gave an interview with WWE.com about last night but I can't find that anywhere. Has anyone read it cos I'd like to give it a look.

Video interview, I haven't had the time to watch it: http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2007/december8-14/6029060?zone=_index

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

It was an alright show, but I was dissapointed for the following reasons:

- There was a ridiculous lack of The Iron Sheik at this show.
    - I wanted Steve Blackman to be pushed to the ****ing moon!
    - I was hoping for a full J.O.B. Squad reunion.
    - I wanted the Mean Street Posse to be killed by someone.
    - I had really high hopes that Sid would show up, and do some sort of promo with Khali.

Other than these major faults, It was an okay show. RVD's return was a complete suprise. And the ending to the battle royal was great. Everybody's still got a price!! Lita and Trish were great too. Pity they didn't make a bigger deal out of Sunny though.

All in all, it was an okay show I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I was disappointed that The Rock didn't make an appearance.

Cheers.
    ec18 wrote:
    I thougth one of the best parts was Kane and Lita with ron simmons lol :D

Yeah that was funny. I just watched it again and it still made me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d69aOP8-K2Q

Kane can actually be pretty funny when he gets the opportunity. The 'Kananites' bit with Hulk and Rock years ago was probably his funniest moment.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    It was an alright show, but I was dissapointed for the following reasons:

- There was a ridiculous lack of The Iron Sheik at this show.

probably a good reason for that, he left the WWF in mid 1992 for the last time and raw started in January 1993

• Advertisement

So you're saying he hasn't been on RAW since then?

at the most he made one or two appearances on raw, never wrestled a match. one i remember was earlier this year in the song contest where he and Nikolai Volkoff sang the russian national anthem, i am really struggling to remember any other appearances he made on raw

He's been on Raw three times this year, can't think of any appearances before that

Did he ever manage The Sultan on Raw?

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Did he ever manage The Sultan on Raw?

I didn't watch back then but I think he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Sunny looked great. Much better than the recent pics I saw of her. They should at least give her the smackdown gig.

Janetty did well against a stiff Kennedy. Most likely drank all of Austin's beer afterwards though.

Nice to see Lita and Trish again. Lita got a nice pop. Maybe she'll come back. As has already been mentioned in this thread, the WWE audience of today can't remember what happened five minutes ago.

Hogan? Go away.

I liked the transition shown with evolution and Rated RKO, which was then followed by the Rockers and DX.

Overall, a good show. not the best RAW ever, but it would be up there with some of the best.

Oh yeah, I didn't like that the tag titles were switched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just finished watching there, Backlund and RVD were a surprise.

Overall, it was like a giant episode of Reeling In The Years(WWE Edition). Funny at times but overall passable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

What a bad ladder match that was. Carlito's ode to Shelton was cool, but he messed up the sunset flip after it. I am going to be critical of any ladder match after watching Man Up though!

I really like the battle royal. I was cheering on Rotunda throughout, and the DiBiase bit was classic. Seeing RVD really surprised me and tbh I think Smackdown could do with him. The Evolution thing was always going to happen exactly as it did. I was hoping for a better partner for Rated RKO than Umaga, I've no idea who, but just not Umaga. The tag title change pissed me off no end and I am sick of HHH selling tshirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I didn't watch back then but I think he did

The Sultan was so great he needed 2 managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lack of the rock was a serious problem, that man made raw! most people say the greatest ever segment of raw was the rocks "this is your life" wit rock and foley! the question i have is, are DX back? or was it a once off thing (again)

everyone gets the in joke with steph and HHH over here but the crowd seemed amazed! how stupid are those wacky americans?

Raw rating is in:
    4.1 final rating

Quite surprised by that I must say. I felt they'd get around a 3.9 at best. That's quite a jump up from recent weeks.

Don't think it will last though.

• Advertisement

The first hour got a lower rating than the other two hours, seems like a lot of people didn't know that it started earlier than usual

I don't think it will last either, because like I said earlier, the only thing on the show that they really built towards was Shawn vs Kennedy, so that's the only thing there to hold onto the new audience really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

yayamark wrote: »
    me but ive a big day ahead of me tomorrow

Jeff hardys match with carlto was a joke!

Hardys swanton bomb missed by a foot!

Bad ending too carlito is ****

I actually stayed up to watch RAW.Yes I actually stayed up to watch RAW for the first time since 2002.:D After a long night of projects and stuff.

All those fookin ads.:eek:

Brilliant show.Went to bed when the battle royal was starting.All those ads and tiredness got to me.Whats the deal with Hogan making another Macho Man reference.Is he taking the piss on purpose or is he friends with him again.Could never quite know what page those guys are on.Maybe he might return in the near future or possibly the hall of fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I know you eluded to it earlier in this thread Fozzy, but I didn't know what you were on about, I do now... Steve Corino working dark matches for the WWE!!! I knew this whole retirement thing was a work! JBL vs Corino at Wrestlemania: The Wrestling God vs The F*cking God of Wrestling!!! Book it Vince!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What the hell? Missed the live showing Monday night and sat down to watch the repeat tonight and it was only 2 hours long !!! Sky Sports cut out a whole hour of the show including the battle royal.

Advertisement