Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Crest

Options
  • 11-12-2007 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'll explain my question and then someone might be able to help me. Apologies if this is in completly the wrong thread but i remember being told a graphic designer might be the person to talk to.

My football team decided a new crest was needed so we started to design something. We came up with a final image and got a more artistic friend of ours to draw it out properly. Its just the next step we havnt got a clue about.

Does anyone know what this next step is, before bringing it to an embroiderer?

I hope that makes some sense

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I designed the crest for the Boards.ie Team (Bordeaux), perhaps contact the gaffer. His username is DesF and he might be able to point you in the right direction of where they got theirs done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Grantie

Cheers, i'll PM him this link and he might know something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Hey.. I did this for our company only last week,

If you have the Image in JPG format thats all you need. The embroiderer (if they have the right machine) can do take it from there.

If its only a hand drawn image you'll need to get it onto the PC.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dont think JPG is the best quality for printing/crests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Maybe TIFF or PNG format might be better, think I used TIFF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

In theory whoever is doing the crest should do it as a vector so you can just fire off a .ai or .pdf to the printers.

Pointless doing a logo/crest that isn't a vector IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

yes i agree it should be a vector.. But in my case the embroiderer only requested a JPG and the clothes we got back was great. Very clear with nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

NeVeR wrote: »
    yes i agree it should be a vector.. But in my case the embroiderer only requested a JPG and the clothes we got back was great. Very clear with nothing wrong.

I'm not knocking it dude, just giving the heads up for anyone that's getting one done in the future. Got tee shirts printed from a JPG before, no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Ideally a vector is perfect, if you're getting anything screen printed down the line you'll defo need it anyway, eps ai or cdr, otherwise a vector will have to be traced from the jpeg and you'll be charged for it...

But generally a decent jpeg is good enough to get digitised from.. not very often do I come accross one that I can't use.. A designer would probably give it to you on a disk saved in a few different versions anyway as the average joe mightn't have software to convert it.

Give us a shout if I can be of help to ya..

Advertisement