Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food you liked as a child that you don't eat now?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just remembered, i used to eat butter by the spoonful. my son does it now too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

luncheon sausage!! what the hell was actually in that stuff? used to have it in sandwiches everyday in primary school up til about first class. Just looking at it now..that colour ...it cant be good for you!!

And i still eat banana sandwiches all the time. Yum!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Carrots & Parsnips.

Loved them as a child, loathe them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Carrots and cheese, grate and mix together. Used to love that. Must try it again sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Bovril.

Jaesus...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

just remembered, i used to eat butter by the spoonful. my son does it now too!!!

My little cousin does that, it's the strangest thing ever to watch manily coz it just makes my stomach churn at the thought of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Poppy78

Ketchup sandwhiches and cupasoup, a meal fit for a king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Corned beef sandwiches with chipsticks inside too!
    Liver - BARF - although it was barf inducing back then too but it was the cheapest meat to buy!
    undiluted miwadi...couldnt get enough of it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No junk food (shhhhhhhhhh.... except on cheap taco Tuesday, but don't tell anyone).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Minder wrote: »
    The Findus Crispy Pancake made me think - French Bread Pizza. The crust was always very crunchy and loud when bitten into and the topping was always scalding hot - so hot that the roof of my mouth would be tender for a few days after eating one of these.

Haha manys the time I burnt the mouth off myself eating those things. I was only ever allowed them when I was sick though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I remember bily roll.

I wouldget my evil lols as a kid by biting out the eyes as the face creeped me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Mayonnaise Sandwiches

Gum pulled up off the ground and then carefully de-stoned (I'm sure some of that is still stuck inside me somewhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

MzFusspot wrote: »

Gum pulled up off the ground and then carefully de-stoned

mmmmmmmmm, de-stoned footpath gum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

mashed potatoes wrapped in luncheon meat, i'm not sure whose idea it was, but i haven't eaten them like that in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clawsthefirst

Mudcakes. And sugar sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Milk, bananas, cereal, yoghurt, frozen fish fingers (I used to nibble on them and put them back in the box), Turkish Delight (the Fry's one) - I remember getting one in the hospital when my brother was born (I was 6), liver.

Loved all of them, hate them all now. Oh and buttered bread dipped into Cadbury's hot chocolate. Had it every morning. Couldn't have it now. I hate cadbury's hot chocolate now anyway.

Advertisement