Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency Services at County Bridge ?

• 11-12-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Does anyone know what happened at the County Bridge last night?

I was on the 21.20 train from Pearse last night and when it stopped at Skerries the driver announced that there would be a delay because of an accident on the line. I eventually got a taxi to Balbriggan and came across 6 or 7 emergency vehicles at the County Bridge. It looked serious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Enterprise + person = accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Was on that train myself. Asked the driver what was up and he said that 'somebody probably threw themselves in front of the express'. His words not mine.
    Anybody know if said person survived?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

pithater1 wrote: »
    Anybody know if said person survived?

unlikley if thats what happened. highly unlikley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Damn fare dodgers!!

It's unusual for them to announce that someone jumped in front of the train at teh actual time of the accicent isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

He was an old mate and sadly didn't make it. RIP.

• Advertisement

gillo wrote: »
    Damn fare dodgers!!
    ?
    It's unusual for them to announce that someone jumped in front of the train at teh actual time of the accicent isn't it.
    It would be unusual, but it's not been said that it was announced in that manor yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Driver announced that there was an accident on the line ahead. I went up to ask him how long the train would be delayed and he told me that he didn't know and said about somebody jumping in front of the express.

Sorry to hear that. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭clg23

Judean Reg wrote: »

Can u tell us his name?

clg23 wrote: »
    Can u tell us his name?
    Why do you want to know, it's not a soap opera here.

Anyone who does know his name please respect this person, and their family by not posting names.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Why do you want to know, it's not a soap opera here.

Anyone who does know his name please respect this person, and their family by not posting names.

Soap Opera? I havent seen anything like that in fair city? maybe it should be a big secret. I think people are going to know that he's dead and how he died.

But maybe this isnt the right place to be putting his name...

• Advertisement

But maybe this isnt the right place to be putting his name...
    There is no maybe about it.

Anyone with even an ounce of respect wouldn't be asking if he can be named.

Case closed.

A lad gets hit by a train in the town and anybody who asks who it was is being disrespectful? good man yourself - case closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Case closed.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Judean Reg

Can u tell us his name?

In the interest of respecting his famillies privacy at this time, I'm afraid that is not a request I can respond to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Jesus, thats terrible.
    RIP, prayers for his family.
    cathy

Advertisement