Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Led Zep clip from last night...

• 11-12-2007 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=a8v_Rqi4B-E

:D

What do ya think?? Obviously its tuned down a little but its great to see them struttin' their stuff again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

actually more impressive than i thought it would be.

i have a thing against bands who do the comeback thing for cash but this is led zep who have shaped music so much, they deserve to show their music has stood the test of time. it looks like they sounded good (if that makes sense :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

tbh i thought it was awful, maybe the rest of the set was better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

gucci wrote: »
    it looks like they sounded good (if that makes sense :D)

Haha!! Yep I getcha. No doubt over the coming days there will be more clips added onto Youtube and we can get a better idea. I also hear last nights gig is coming out on DVD. If they tour.....Slane(cough cough) :eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

sounds great! much better than their liveaid show!

I know its totally off topic but gucci...your sig is fantastic! :P Anyway...back on topic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Rockee wrote: »
    I know its totally off topic but gucci...your sig is fantastic! :P Anyway...back on topic!!

:o thanks, i wasnt trying to be philosophical or anything i was just frustrated with alot of things one morning when i typed it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

good performance from what I could hear, would be interesting to see if page has brushed up on his guitar skills as hes gotten very out of practice in recent years.

good performance from what I could hear, would be interesting to see if page has brushed up on his guitar skills as hes gotten very out of practice in recent years.

True, the last thing of note(if 'of note' is the right thing to say) I recall him doing is 'Come With Me' with Puff Daddy. It was a reworking of Kashmir for the Godzilla soundtrack. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Haha!! Yep I getcha. No doubt over the coming days there will be more clips added onto Youtube and we can get a better idea. I also hear last nights gig is coming out on DVD. If they tour.....Slane(cough cough) :eek::p

I think they're going to do plenty more gigs... if they do come to Ireland I hope to the FSM that they play a proper venue (maybe the new Point will be finished in time for their world tour?!)

flogen wrote: »
    I think they're going to do plenty more gigs... if they do come to Ireland I hope to the FSM that they play a proper venue (maybe the new Point will be finished in time for their world tour?!)

Yeah, the new Point would be great but wouldnt it be a little too small for the likes of Led Zep? Obviously they could get a few nights in there but I think somewhere slightly larger in the one go would be great. Ive never been to the indoor RDS but I hear its not the may west. Croker? Slane?

Soembody please stop me, Im getting way ahead of myself here. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, the new Point would be great but wouldnt it be a little too small for the likes of Led Zep? Obviously they could get a few nights in there but I think somewhere slightly larger in the one go would be great. Ive never been to the indoor RDS but I hear its not the may west. Croker? Slane?

Soembody please stop me, Im getting way ahead of myself here. :D

I don't think any venue would be big enough - they'd probably sell out a few nights in Croker or Slane even.

What's the new point going to be, 15k or something?

Maybe they could set up residency there for a few months, give everyone a chance to see them play :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Slane Castle would be the dieal venue for Led Zeppelin, not sound-wise or anything, just because it's the closest we have to a mythological venue like Knebworth or something here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Not all that impressed with the video I'm afraid, but I will wait untill I hear more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm watching Since I've Been Loving You now and to be honest, faded, whatever, it's still them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

They should have stayed retired tbh. When any half-assed tribute band could give you a run for your money, you know its time to stay out of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i wish i was there... watching Good Times bad times recorded from a phone... **** quality but it's still £ucking class! far better than the BLack dog excerpt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

the clip or any other clips will not do the show any justice, i have never experienced anything as intense or as enjoyable as the concert last night.
    I am stuck for words to describe it, :cool:
    I have seen live Zep shows on DVD, but the Live Experience is totally different, as any Veteran of Previous Led Zeppelin shows i met in London will testify.I will never forget this one and i don't expect any other concert to beat it.:cool:

Recording of Stairway... surprised they played that one :rolleyes:

Just listening to it now so not sure if it's any good (sound quality seems OK going by the beginning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Wasn't too impressed with those two videos, but in fairness, Black Dog never really did it for me when I watch their live DVDs. Always seemed like one of their more loosely played songs. Stairway didn't sound great, but that was probably down to the audio quality...

But this changed my mind:

They still rock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭21stone

i was at the gig , special thanks to a great mate in sony / bmg for the ticket

sitting 2 rows behind dave grohl

you'd wanna see how many rockers there was there

pure class and theres talk of them doing a slane gig next year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

jimi_t wrote:
    They should have stayed retired tbh. When any half-assed tribute band could give you a run for your money, you know its time to stay out of the game.

Like the Conchords saying that there's a comedic-folk cover band outdoing them on the charts with their own songs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Going by the clips, meh although Kashmir :cool:, but going by what people who were there are saying it seems fantastic. I cannot find anything definite about a tour at all, anybody got something beyond speculation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Going by the clips, meh although Kashmir :cool:, but going by what people who were there are saying it seems fantastic. I cannot find anything definite about a tour at all, anybody got something beyond speculation?
    Mostly speculation at the moment i think.

That kashmir clip is gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

hmmmm

seems like Warner asked Youtube to take down all the O2 clips

link

although I just played some..........maybe there was pro-shot footage on there, and that was what they objected to.

Little doubt a DVD will be out next year. Heard from one guy "in the business" that they're looking at a 3-night stint at Madison Square Gardens next summer. Bound to be loads of speculation & rumour, personally I reckon if it happens at all, it'll be 1 UK gig - possibly Knebworth - possibly 1 or 2 more across Europe, and a small selection of shows in the States.

Be happy to be proved wrong, though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Kashmir: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0O3zm5S7uG8

Full of win IMHO.

Hail Zep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

The Black Dog clip above sounds brutal, absolutely awful. Plant is absolutely out of tune and the rest of the band have toned everything down far too much. Then again thats only a 30 second clip, maybe the rest of the show was mindblowing. But I suspect they might have dumbed/toned everything down for the benefit of the baby boomer audience. Doesn't really matter, I will always have infinite respect for LZ. I suspect they won't do a tour, which would be a good thing for everyone. They will never recreate the glory days, best not spoil the memories.

Edit: just watched the Kashmir clip and it sounds far better than Black Dog. The band always said that song brought together everything that is Led Zeppelin and apparently its Plant's own favourite Zeppelin song, I guess that shows in the performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThousandLeaves

Have to wait and see, but I think it's all down to Plant's voice. He can't really do the screaming as well as he used to but his voice otherwise is still in great nick and suits the lower-key, more melodic stuff like Kashmir. His more recent solo stuff is geared towards that and sounds great because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

TOUR Confirmed!!! :eek:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7143789.stm
    Just not the one we want:mad:, Plant & Krauss have confirmed European dates in May followed by a US tour so thats much of the summer out, so that means no LZ tour in 2008 and probably puts an end to it completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'd prefer not to see a tour. It would be one of those tours so massively popular that the promoters could afford to price the tickets so highly that only affluent older people could afford them. I think LZ would look pathetic playing tunes to baby boomers paying extortionate fees so they can recapture part of their youth. I think the band members should leave their legend intact and continue on their individual artistic ventures, there is far more integrity now in what Plant is doing with Krauss then what he would be doing if the band were to reform on a world tour.
    Fans on Led Zeppelin's official website expressed their disappointment at the news.

"Oh dear - no Led Zep tour in 2008," wrote one, while others likened Krauss to a Yoko Ono-style figure for keeping the band apart.

Christ, thats just ridiculous.

• Advertisement

cornbb...I notice youve mentioned Led Zeppelin playing to 'babyboomers' twice. They wouldnt be playing exclusively to 'babyboomers' as you call them, either way whats the harm??

Advertisement