Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football manager 08 or Championship manager 08

Options
  • 11-12-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering what people thought was the better game of the two? Gonna head out and buy one of them tomorrow so I would love to know which one people would recommend.

cheers,

Ted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lifes_a_Witch

TedKelly wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering what people thought was the better game of the two? Gonna head out and buy one of them tomorrow so I would love to know which one people would recommend.

cheers,

Ted.

As somebody who has played Champ Manager since Ver 1 on the Amiga, I can safely say that the Football Manager 2008 is the best version. It's harder than the 2007 version, with an improved Dbase and overall the AI Tactically is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

Cheers for that Life's A Witch.

I have a lot of the championship manager games from over the last few years (PC) and just the one football manager game (2005). I have to say I've always favoured the championship manager game but have found them to be very slow sometimes. Your recommendation for FM 08 and the fact that there is a FM thread on here and no CM thread (as far as I can see) swings the balance in FM's favour.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

FM08 is much better I think. I haven't touch Champ. Manager since the split a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭TedKelly

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but is this speed of the game down to the game itself or down to the pc. As I said I haven't bought CM or FM for a couple of years now and I think the reason I stopped buying them was they were just too slow. Ya click 'continue game' and ya would have time to make a cup of tea before the screen updated and you could continue. Are the '08 games much better as far as that aspect is concerned????

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Championship manager is class!

Granted it is on my mobile, but it's great none the less

:)

(FM 08 on the PC/Mac ftw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

TedKelly wrote: »
    This is gonna sound like a stupid question but is this speed of the game down to the game itself or down to the pc. As I said I haven't bought CM or FM for a couple of years now and I think the reason I stopped buying them was they were just too slow. Ya click 'continue game' and ya would have time to make a cup of tea before the screen updated and you could continue. Are the '08 games much better as far as that aspect is concerned????

IT is very much down to the pc if your getting slow load times like that your pc is just not doing the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

We get this thread every year, and the answers always the same. FM FTW!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

The reality is that until a few years ago the great CM games were always developed by Sports Interactive, Eidos published the game and had ownership of the CM brand. There was a parting of the ways a few years back and SI began to develop Football Manager while Championship Manager became a different game developed by different people. This is why Football Manager is the better of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Loved FM2007 and about to move over to FM2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    We get this thread every year, and the answers always the same. FM FTW!

I'm a FM veteran but new to boards. Pardon a young boy's ignorance, what's FTW mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

TheBa wrote: »
    I'm a FM veteran but new to boards. Pardon a young boy's ignorance, what's FTW mean?
    ftw- for the win ,Intarweb slang ftl ,FM is by far the greater due to all the points mentioned in the above posts.

Advertisement