Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present

Options
  • 11-12-2007 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Can anybody think of what to get my roomate for Xmas? These are the things that i have to go on. I am so bad at buying presents.

1 - Hes going to Oz in Feb.
    2 - He plays basketball.
    3 - He has a huge chin.
    4 - He's 6'4
    5 - He has gingerish hair.
    6 - Budget is €50 :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

5 - He has gingerish hair.

Fire. And lots of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

You dont seem to know much about this guy do ya?

Go into the Great Outdoors or some camping shop and pick him up some stuff for his trek to Oz, a good lightweight sleeping bag? I'm sure it would beat the sheets in hostels :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

That would be a good idea, except hes going to Thailand first and packing light :mad: So annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That would be a good idea, except hes going to Thailand first and packing light :mad: So annoying

All the more reason to get a lightweight sleeping bag, it's one of the few things he can actually take with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

travel towel!!!!
    dries easy and packs light and very very very handy for travelling!!!!!!!
    (can get them in lowe alpine etc.. 30 quid maybe??, pricey but worth it!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

He has a huge chin??
    lol

Well you could get chinbad a few practical things;

a foreign calling card,

AUS dollars or Thai bahts,

an irish song book (or download a few because we always become uber patriotic when we go away and can never remember lyrics) or keeping with that theme a 'best of irish' cd to put into his ipod thingy

Or a money holder (you know them tube things that hang round your neck for when you're swimming and stuff)

a combination lock for lockers/luggage etc

a back up memory card (incase he can't get to a PC to download pics of his camera)

A few bags of king crisps

A small diary or journal that they can stick email adds and write memoirs in.. (you can also put a dedication on the inside yourself)

When I went travelling many moons ago any of the above would have been very helpful. No one wants to bring anything bulky, impracticle, heavy or a hindrance... might as well make it something they need or use

:D:D

Advertisement