Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High Heels won't stay on!

• 11-12-2007 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have a pair of high heel slip-on shoes and when i wear them with tights they won't stay on, they keep slipping off. I've tried putting half insoles into the front of the shoes but they are still slipping!

Any suggestions ? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Happens me all the time, I could never find a good solution, tried all sorts of shoe inserts and heel inserts but hey never worked. All my shoes have to have a strap across them to keep it on my foot, at least that style is in fashion at the moment so I've picked up loads of nice shoes lately :D

Sorry for not having a solution, I'm just advising you not to waste money on all the stuff I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lots of women don't realise that you often have to buy evening shoes a half-size or a size smaller so that they fit properly. You see so many women with a gap between the back of their heel and the shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Depending on the make of shoe I buy sometimes I need to go as much as a size smaller or bigger then my usual 6. I find the leather liners you stick to the inside of the heel generally work quite well for keeping the shoes on. When buying the shoes you should also take into account if your feet are very hot or cold as this may make them a tiny bit bigger or smaller than normal and so affect the size you try on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

marks and spencers do heel grips for 5 euro if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Bratface

Thanks for the suggestions. I might give M&S a go :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Bratface wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I might give M&S a go :)

The ones I use are made by Scholl and you can usually pick them up in a good chemist shop, large supermarkets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Im usually a size 6, but I buy size 5 high heels to prevent them slipping off.
    Shoes stretch naturally with a bit of wear so not sore on the feet at all.

Advertisement