Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scudo/Expert/Dispatch Van

Options
  • 11-12-2007 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi All, thinking of getting a new van for '08 as the Jeep can only hold so many t shirts and sweatshirts! I've been shopping around for best price between the different marques and not found much between them. (Fiat has a stripped down basic model though for a couple of grand less though)
    My question relates to the difference between them. As far as I can tell the only difference is the badge and that Fiat use their own multijet engine, whereas the citreon and peugeot use the PSA HDI engine, yet, the Semperit Irish Van of the Year was the Fiat Scudo with 37 points, but the expert and dispatch only had 28 points!
    Could it be the mulitjet engine is better than the HDI? They seem to be equal on power with each engine? Hardly depreciation? can anyone shed any light on it for me?! Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if it was me , id buy a used '07 model Renault master ( swb ) or transit maybe a hiace , since there both bigger , near same insurance....

french/italian cars/vans are rubbish and also resale value is quite poor , with the exception of Renault vans which are now made with nissan/opel which is a Vast improvement.

also i noticed that many van dealers have a " self employed " scheme where was if you buy a van for your self employed business you get them cheaper then say eirecom who buy in bulk , so keep a keen eye ;)

and finally , scudos are the worst vans on the road , experts are ugly relays are both combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Had a look at that renault alright, nice van, feels nearly like a car to drive too, but like the look of the new scudo/dispatch/expert, I assume you're thinking of the old scudo-dispatch-expert models, if thats the case yeah I agree with you, total pigs lookwise, but the new one looks very "vito" like imo.
    Now thinking of buying nearly new in jan, hopefully an '07 model then should have shed it's main depreciation... will be keeping it for 3 years at least then..
    will keep an eye out for the self employed scheme thing, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭quickstitch.ie

Anyone else got any light to shed?!

Advertisement