Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas shopping in waterford

• 11-12-2007 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭

heading down town in a while to start christmas shopping . what do ye think of shopping in waterford especially at this time. do ye feel ripped off are staff ignorant,are the city lights and decorations a joke or more importantly do people still stay in waterford to shop or is the exodus to dublin still happening once a year ?.do people from tramore/dungarvan etc come in to waterford ? what do other people think of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I try to get all the presents as early as possible. I'm off the get into town and out as quick as possible when it starts getting closer to Christmas. I hate the traffic I hate the pushing and shoving I hate the people that seem to meander there way around town and always come to a dead stop right in front of you and you end up slamming into them. I don't understand why parents have to bring buggies and prams into twon on a busy saturday and walk around as if they own the place, and then abandon there little darlings in the most annoying places and you can't go and move them incase your accussed of something and yes I go to Cork usually just for the better selection of shops and it definately is better to have that selection 'cause shopping around for better prices works.

so I say BAA HUMBUG.

Na not really I'm glad I got that minor rant off my chest

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The day before Christmas eve normally works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

my name is beau and im a serial shopper.

in the so far run up to christmas ive been to dublin twice, kilkenny, wexford, cork, dungarvan and clonmel, and i still return to waterford because to be honest the same shops are in waterford. handy too if you need to return things etc. tip is to get in early whatever morning you go anytime after 2pm is crazy queues for EVERYTHING! for good value car parking use four euro a day one on the quay opposite dooleys, city square is a rip off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

didnt make it down today but i swear tomorrow im going shopping no matter what. im saying that now but ive a funny feeling it could be a christmas eve job again this year

my name is beau and im a serial shopper.

in the so far run up to christmas ive been to dublin twice, kilkenny, wexford, cork, dungarvan and clonmel, and i still return to waterford because to be honest the same shops are in waterford. handy too if you need to return things etc. tip is to get in early whatever morning you go anytime after 2pm is crazy queues for EVERYTHING! for good value car parking use four euro a day one on the quay opposite dooleys, city square is a rip off...

if i just gave you money and a list of people..............

• Advertisement

just read over that last post and it sounds like im ordering a hit ....i meant shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

SUNGOD wrote: »
    do people from tramore/dungarvan etc come in to waterford ?

Anyone I know in Dungarvan goes to Cork. It is only an hour away so you are looking at maybe an extra 10 - 15 minutes in the car.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Anyone I know in Dungarvan goes to Cork. It is only an hour away so you are looking at maybe an extra 10 - 15 minutes in the car.

im far from an expert shopper but would the shops in cork be that much better than waterford, is it purely there is more choice or would price and service come in to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

im far from an expert shopper but would the shops in cork be that much better than waterford, is it purely there is more choice or would price and service come in to it

There's way more choice in Cork. Apart from the obvious (Brown Thomas and M&S), you'll find most of the UK "high-street" stores there, whereas a lot of these are not represented in Waterford. There are also loads of terrific little boutiques that do not only clothes but also home furnishings and the like.

For people who don't want to go to the city centre, there's a massive shopping centre at Mahon Point (just off the "freeway" on the other side of the Jack Lynch Tunnel).

Sad to say it, but Cork is way better... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

tip is to get in early whatever morning you go anytime after 2pm is crazy queues for EVERYTHING! for good value car parking use four euro a day one on the quay opposite dooleys, city square is a rip off...

This is true get up and go early and get out early.

there's a good car park behind Kavanagh electrical as well €5 for the day. It came in handy last year. on Crimbo eve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Cork beats Waterford in every department shopping wise.

Advertisement