Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 660 fm.. are they available

Options
  • 11-12-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi ALL .

I have been looking at buying a GPS for a while now and have decided on the Nuvi 660.. But need one with the FM Transmitter installed...

Alll the models in Currys ,DID etc seem to be the Nuvi 660..... I think it is the 660fm that comes with the Fm TRansmitter...

Can someone please clarify this for me .... And maybe suggest the cheapest place to purchase..

It is 449 in DID

It is 349 ON komplett.ie

I would prefer to buy in a shop but if I am gonna save 100 euro I will buy on line..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I saw a 660FM in Halfords about a month back, didn't notice the price though. You could give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

459.99 for the 660fm in halfords. Most of the new ones have NT2008 preloaded aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

What about the new 700 range, the 710 has an FM transmitter aswell
    Anyone got any opinions on this sat nav ?
    Was thinking of getting it instead of a 600 series

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    What about the new 700 range, the 710 has an FM transmitter aswell
    Anyone got any opinions on this sat nav ?
    Was thinking of getting it instead of a 600 series
    I've just got a 760 and it's the dog's dangly bits :) Haven't had much chance to use it in anger yet, but got the FM transmitter and the bluetooth (with my Nokia 6300) working in no time at all. It can be a bit of a search trying to find a dead spot on the FM band to tune it into, but eventually settled on 87.6MHz.

The screen is beautiful and clear, and it has no flip up antenna like the 600 series. Altogether a very classy looking piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Hi,

Got the 710T from expansys yesterday and am very impressed. Lovely bright screen. Set up no problem, paired with phone too (Sony Ericsson) can browse the phone book, calls list and texts. Have to try the FM transmitter yet.

Only thing I will say is that mounting on the windscreen puts it a bit far away. No fault of the garmin of course. Have ordered proclip to stick it on the centre vents.

/Zith

• Advertisement
Advertisement