Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So are you in withdrawals yet?

• 11-12-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

Like a lot of you here I routinely get videotapes of the latest episodes of stateside tv posted out to me from my cousins in the USA.

Unfortunately, thanks to this darned writers strike (which has reached it 6th week) the well has run dry and most shows are not making any new episodes.

Fortunately for myself however I am pretty lousy at getting round to watching stuff and I've a good backlog of the videotapes posted to me by my relatives still waiting to be viewed.

But I was wondering, how the rest of you are getting on? Do you still have enough tapes to see you thru this cold christmas period or have you rashly used up your supply of cassettes already?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pigman II wrote: »
    Fortunately for myself however I am pretty lousy at getting round to watching stuff and I've a good backlog of the videotapes posted to me by my relatives still waiting to be viewed.

I am the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Yip the backlog is finally getting looked at. Dexter and Heroes Season 2 to start then House MD. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

yeah I have a few things lying around, I am going to start watching Damages with Glen Close, its one new show I must watch.
    I am also thinking of a Sopranos marathon over Festivus as I do need to watch them all again. I also managed to get Band of Brothers in 1080i so that is also worthy of a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well i moved house so i have about 7 or 8 episodes in total of current shows. Then 3 seasons of another show i am going to start watching, thats what you all should do, pick a show you havent seen thats over or has several seasons under its belt, it took a month for me to watch sopranos when that was finally over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Large stockpile of stuff here still to be viewed. Should keep me going into the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I have a stockpile to get through too.... The Wire (from Season 1), Most of Damages, and Life On Mars (from Season 1).

Should keep me going for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I've started watching Six Feet Under which I didnt watch when it was on. I love it, but I'm still having withdrawals from certain shows! On the bright side though, there's another 6 episodes of Friday Night Lights. Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

yep badly miss Prison break and Heros

watched Coronation street last night ffs :D:D :eek::eek::eek:

can not find season one of dexter to download

pm me people

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've got all four seasons of the 4400 to watch. Hopefully that'll be good. I've seen a few episodes of the first season and enjoyed it. I also bought Final Fantasy 12 the other day so once I find my ps2 control pad, I'll be ripping into that. That should keep me entertained for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

I've got all four seasons of the 4400 to watch. Hopefully that'll be good. I've seen a few episodes of the first season and enjoyed it. I also bought Final Fantasy 12 the other day so once I find my ps2 control pad, I'll be ripping into that. That should keep me entertained for a while.

4400 is ok id give it 7/10 getting boring after a while

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've watched everything up-to-date, its getting alittle boring now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Kazu wrote: »
    y
    watched Coronation street last night ffs :D:D :eek::eek::eek:
    Oh dear GOD say it aint so!! i had to suffer one episode on Friday night....dear god no amount of whiskey afterwards could get that poop out of my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

No broadband so can never email the cousins to arrange for tapes to be sent, but will be catching up with 4400 seasons 2 and 3 over Christmas, maybe X-Files after season 3 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I am the same.

Same here :( i've only watched 1 ep of a few series, but cant get around to it, but when there's something on the telly, you'll watch it?

As I couldnt get any from my fatass american cousin, as he was too busy watching them, so i downloaded them myself :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,577 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Unfortunately I keep pretty much up to date with the shows, so I have not much to watch... I'll have to start studying now or something... :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm pretty up to date with shows currently airing - I've one episode of "The Unit" and two of "Monk" and a number of "Numb3rs" (heh). After that, it's catching up with "Boston Legal" and "Bones" and turning my attention to other shows like "Rome" (S2), "The West Wing" (S4-S7), "Boston Public", "Trailer Park Boys", and many others.

It's also a great excuse to catch up with all my books so it's not going to bother me any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Myself and simu are going through a serious withdrawal phase after finishing The West Wing. :(

4 more years, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm pretty up to date with shows currently airing - I've one episode of "The Unit" and two of "Monk" and a number of "Numb3rs" (heh). After that, it's catching up with "Boston Legal" and "Bones" and turning my attention to other shows like "Rome" (S2), "The West Wing" (S4-S7), "Boston Public", "Trailer Park Boys", and many others.

It's also a great excuse to catch up with all my books so it's not going to bother me any time soon.

Is Boston Legal still showin over there? & where can you see a list of other shows not running at moment.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Where's my weekly Desperate Housewives??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Damn ps2 is broken. No final fantasy for me until I get a new one. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Hasn't really affected me.
    I've just started watching Dexter, have 2 seasons of the Sopranos to watch, season 3 of Lost. the list goes on...
    Plus, I still have my weekly fix of shōnen anime to watch (Bleach and Naruto Shippuuden:o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've watched everything up-to-date, its getting alittle boring now
    dulpit wrote: »
    Unfortunately I keep pretty much up to date with the shows, so I have not much to watch... I'll have to start studying now or something... :mad:

I dont get it, you cant have seen anything, and dont bother studying.

i mean go back 2 months to when there was about 16 or so new episodes a week, i had nothing to watch then because it was easy to . The only reason i have loads to watch now is because i got reccemended another show.

Its impossible to have seen enough episodes of every single show to know whats good and whats not.

Loads of old shows you could watch that you might not have seen. Go to www.tv.com and then click on top 100 and then see what names you dont know, then read what they are about.

thats how i heard about the shield and the wire (when it was tvtome)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Started with CSI season01 recently. Still making my way thru The West Wing, almost done with season03.

Have the Sopranos to start. Started Always Sunny in Philly.

Maybe the Simpsons season01. Can always go back thru American Dad/Family Guy.

Still waiting on Prison Break seaso02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I suppose I could catch up on all the episodes of Dexter, Brotherhood, Prison Break and Rescue Me that I've missed but I'm not too bothered.

It;s weird, Family Guy hasn't been that good for a long time but I still miss seeing the episodes every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

The thanksgiving/Christmas drought is killing me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm just starting into Battlestar Galactica (from the mini series) which I'm really looking forwrd to as I've only heard great things about it and my screenclick DVDs are getting more attention now. I am also watching (and loving) The Wire on FX which is about half way through Season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Am I the only one who cant be arsed downloading tv? Not even a whole pile decent on tv anymore anyway, barely watch it. And anything that is decent I can wait to see on tv here. Prison Break, West Wing, Family Guy, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, these are all fairly poor quality shows not worth even searching for. How people are still watching Family Guy is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    West Wing, poor quality show

This is where your arguement fails. The fact that it ended nearly 2 years ago shows how much you know about current US tv. No offence, like.

The Wire
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Dexter
    Weeds
    Damages

Just 5 examples of brilliant US television currently on-air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

West Wing a poor quality show? give up the trolling FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have caught up on heroes plus a few other like prison break etc

haven't looked at dexter new season yet

have never watched any episode of lost, so if things really do get bad, I have a few seasons ill have to aquire and watch... is lost any good though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Am I the only one who cant be arsed downloading tv? Not even a whole pile decent on tv anymore anyway, barely watch it. And anything that is decent I can wait to see on tv here. Prison Break, West Wing, Family Guy, Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, these are all fairly poor quality shows not worth even searching for. How people are still watching Family Guy is beyond me.

You don't have to watch everything. I only "get" 2 shows a week from the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I have the Shield(every episode), The West Wing(every episode), Dexter(Season 2), Weeds(Season 3) to get through. I still Miss Prison Break badly though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Am I the only one who cant be arsed downloading tv? Not even a whole pile decent on tv anymore anyway, barely watch it.

Wouldn't you think you shouldn't be in the TV forum then?

Advertisement