Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boruc to leave Celtic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

armour87 wrote: »

this story that he wants to buy out his contract surfaced about 3 months ago. it was denied by Boruc and it turns out he cant anyway. Non story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Boruc, quoted in The Herald, said: "I have decided I am going to leave Celtic in the summer.

Whether or not he does is another story but he does want to.
    Could play for most top teams imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

A possible move for Arsenal maybe?

Boruc, quoted in The Herald, said: "I have decided I am going to leave Celtic in the summer.

Whether or not he does is another story but he does want to.
    Could play for most top teams imo

No, the herald ran a story the polish press ran in which a private conversation with 'a friend' is quoted.

he is not quoted in the herald at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have no interest in this story whatsoever, but someone claiming the Herald as a source is absolutely laughable.

It's on a par with the Sun imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Not the evening herald dude.....the herald is actually quite a well respected paper in scotland.

anyway, celtic have came out and denied it, but if i was them i would get rid as quickly as possible.
    The man is quickly becoming a laughing stock and a liability off the field.
    This will eventually affect his game on the field.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Not the evening herald dude.....the herald is actually quite a well respected paper in scotland.

anyway, celtic have came out and denied it, but if i was them i would get rid as quickly as possible.
    The man is quickly becoming a laughing stock and a liability off the field.
    This will eventually affect his game on the field.

:D:D:D

That is hunnism at its pinnacle. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I don't agree with the way Boruc acts whatsoever, very unprofessional.

The wind-ups, team mate bustups, money ****.

But hes a damn solid keeper. Hes no Cech, but hes not bad.

I don't agree with the way Boruc acts whatsoever, very unprofessional.

The wind-ups, team mate bustups, money ****.

But hes a damn solid keeper. Hes no Cech, but hes not bad.

a practicing Catholic getting that sort of abuse in Ibrox will react. wind-ups? of course the hunzzz want celtic to punt him, he is class and raises his game against them. thats what you get when you have him arrested for blessing himself.

what money expletive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Boruc is a quality keeper, what's Celtic's backup keeper like?

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Boruc is a quality keeper, what's Celtic's backup keeper like?

Brown. Rubbish.

Boruc is going nowhere. this is hun fantasy that all is not well in the champions camp. the webster case is irrelevant and until Boruc actually says, not a mate in poland says he says, 'I'm off', dont believe a word.

He will someday leave Celtic for Milan or Arsenal, but he is under contract and loves the club.

"hunnism"...fantastic.:D

The man was not "arrested for blessing himself" watch the video again.
    He was arrested for the gesture he made towards the Rangers fans AFTER blessing himself...but hey dont let the facts get in the way of a good rant eh?
    In general i would expect fans to grow up and take it, but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Another futile attempt to wind up the Rangers fans led to many people questioning his proffesionalism when he ran around waving a flag after last seasons defeat at Ibrox.

Follow that up with his "They are my enemies, why should i shake hands with them?" quote....
    The guy is a moron, plain and simple...its got nothing to do with religion..or as you put it "hunnism"

The guy is a solid goalkeeper...easily the best in Scotland at the moment, but his mental state is not exactly stable, and i honestly think he will become a liability in time.

He was arrested and cautioned under the public order act for blessing himself. Fact. Thats what he was charged with.

Link

Another from the BBC, with comments from the Scottish Catholic Church

He refused to shake hands with anyone involved with the Hun as a result. I think he is well within his rights not to play nice with anyone involved in your club in protest at his treatment. Calling him a moron for making a stand yet again perpetuates the Gers persecution complex. The problem is not that Rangers fans feel justified in making police complaints about 'Catholic rituals and gestures', and the police taking them seriously, but that croppy wont lie down. :rolleyes: Close Catholic schools and there will be no sectariansim.... Who said that?

Basically, because Celtic have a solid keeper who loves the club and its culture and will publically make a stand against the institutional bigotry in West Scotland, you think he must be a moron and shoulfd be punted. Thats weak.

Amazing concidence this bile flows towords the only openly Catholic player at Celtic. Total fluke. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Basically, because Celtic have a solid keeper who loves the club and its culture and will publically make a stand against the institutional bigotry in West Scotland, you think he must be a moron and shoulfd be punted. Thats weak.

Amazing concidence this bile flows towords the only openly Catholic player at Celtic. Total fluke. :rolleyes:

Blah, blah, blah Rangers fans are all bigots, and hate dem Cafflics etc etc

Change the record.

Maybe the "bile" flows towards him because he's a clown? I hope to God he doesn't go to Arsenal because I quite like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fact.

Gyppo much?

yes, thats it...i am calling him a moron for his fantastic stand against bigotry in the west of scotland :D
    What planet do you live on?

The Rangers PLAYERS did not complain to the police about his gestures, in fact surely talking about the fact that "They are my enemy" and refusing to shake hands with fellow proffesionals is going to ruin all the hard work he has done for such a noble cause?

"not wanting to shake hands with anyone involved with the hun"
    I ask you...is this a statement made by someone unnafected by the bigotry problem in the West of Scotland?
    And you have the cheek to talk to me about "persecution complex"?

DesF wrote: »
    Gyppo much?

Touche. ;)
    Fwaggle wrote: »
    Blah, blah, blah Rangers fans are all bigots, and hate dem Cafflics etc etc

Change the record.

Maybe the "bile" flows towards him because he's a clown? I hope to God he doesn't go to Arsenal because I quite like them.

In the context of him being arrested on the foot of a complaintfrom a Gers fan for blessing himself "Roman Catholic rituals and gestures" in Ibrox, the point stands.

Eirebear refers to him as a moron for refusing to take this lying down. The self denial continues.

Why is he a clown? Blessing himself? Celebrating a win?

"The decision to use an alternative to prosecution in this case was based on an assessment of behaviour, not one single act, which appeared to be directed towards the crowd, which was being incited by that behaviour and which caused the police to intervene and calm the crowd."

From one of your own links
    The fact that he made the wanker gesture immediatly after blessing himself not only makes a mockery of everything you say, it makes a mockery of the "stance" he is taking and of his, mines and all those celtic fans who call him the "holy goalie" (no irony there eh?) religion.

And where the hell are you getting this "roman catholic rituals and gestures" quote that you keep using?

I have plenty of Celtic supporting friends (shock horror, with me being such a bigot and all) who think that while he is a good keeper he can be a right idiot.

Seeing as you can't call bigotry on them, what do you reckon their "agenda" is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Basically, because Celtic have a solid keeper who loves the club

Loves them so much he's leaving :D

• Advertisement

I have plenty of Celtic supporting friends (shock horror, with me being such a bigot and all) who think that while he is a good keeper he can be a right idiot.

Seeing as you can't call bigotry on them, what do you reckon their "agenda" is?

I have no idea, but seeing as he is revered amongst the Celtic support, they would be in the minority.

Are you honestly trying to tell me its a coincidence that the only practicising Catholic at Celtic is getting this sort of treatment from der hun?

Considering the considerably looser cannon Goram is a hero to them, the double standard is interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I rate Boruc very highly. I've mentioned it a few times in the Arsenal thread that he'd be a great buy. He's a super super keeper and I'd love if Wenger bought him. Its time he spent a bit of money on a keeper anyway.

Having said that, apart from one mad decision against Man Utd, Manuel Almunia has aquitted himself well this season.

I don't know where you're getting those stories of instability and it leading him to be a liability though eirebear. He's hardly in the same class as Stevie Ireland now is he?

cson wrote: »
    I don't know where you're getting those stories of instability and it leading him to be a liability though eirebear. He's hardly in the same class as Stevie Ireland now is he?

Its like Lazio fans saying Roma should get rid of Totti because he is 'a liability'. Is dislike of a rival club from a player so rare now its worthy of this sort of commentary?

of course the hunzzz
    . this is hun fantasy
    involved with the Hun
    treatment from der hun?

fancy quitting that? I dont call you a Tim in every post now do i?

As for Goram, i can assure you that off the park mr goram is not highly respected amongst the fans, staff or officials at Ibrox

On pitch bust ups with his own players, numerous gestures (not included rangers in this) towards opposition and his own support.
    Running around with a flag in an attempt to "wind up" rangers fans after a defeat at Ibrox
    The statement after the last game...when lets face it he didnt exactly cover himself in glory for at least one of the goals.

The guy has a screw loose, plain and simple

On pitch bust ups with his own players, numerous gestures (not included rangers in this) towards opposition and his own support.
    Running around with a flag in an attempt to "wind up" rangers fans after a defeat at Ibrox
    The statement after the last game...when lets face it he didnt exactly cover himself in glory for at least one of the goals.

I dont agree with all of his actions, but the animosity he has for the hun comes from one source. His arrest. So imply mental health issues because he dislikes his clubs main rivals over a specific incident is very disingenious.

Call me a tim all you like. Really doesnt bother me.

Ok, the "bust-ups" with fellow players aren't helpful but they aren't uncommon and happen at nearly every club. As for winding up opposition fans.... well thats hardly solid evidence for having a "screw loose" as you so eloquently put it. A lot of players love winding up opposition fans - Gary Neville vs Pool anyone? And the last point; How many players admit mistakes after games? Very very few. And its even seldom a manager will lay the blame at the feet of a single player.

Imo eirebear you're letting you're misgivings on Boruc cloud your judgement. All the ****e-acting (A lot of players do this, lets be honest) he's a fine keeper and I'm really hoping Wenger signs him. We need a solid keeper.

Lads, grow up ffs.

This "hun" and "tim" ****e is getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Jeez, things never really change when it comes to the Old Firm!

• Advertisement

I dont agree with all of his actions, but the animosity he has for the hun comes from one source. His arrest. So imply mental health issues because he dislikes his clubs main rivals over a specific incident is very disingenious.

Call me a tim all you like. Really doesnt bother me.

Ok, i apologise for implying he has mental health issues.
    But it is plain to see that the guy is completely unproffesional, he has shown it as i said on more occasions than just with Rangers fans and or players.
    for this reason i say he is a liability.

for some reason you think this guy is on a one man mission to wipe out bigotry in the west of scotland, if this is the case he might want to look at his actions towards fellow proffesionals and win some respect back eh?
    As i have already pointed out, his arrest was not simply for blessing himself.

Bigotry is a two way thing, his actions after the last game were wrong in my eyes.

And i do take offence to the term "hun"...so i ask you again, please stop using it.

Ok, the "bust-ups" with fellow players aren't helpful but they aren't uncommon and happen at nearly every club. As for winding up opposition fans.... well thats hardly solid evidence for having a "screw loose" as you so eloquently put it. A lot of players love winding up opposition fans - Gary Neville vs Pool anyone? And the last point; How many players admit mistakes after games? Very very few. And its even seldom a manager will lay the blame at the feet of a single player.

Imo eirebear you're letting you're misgivings on Boruc cloud your judgement. All the ****e-acting (A lot of players do this, lets be honest) he's a fine keeper and I'm really hoping Wenger signs him. We need a solid keeper.

Dude...i have already stated in this thread that i rate boruc as "easily the best in scotland" and he is probably up there with the top 3 or 4 the UK at least.
    But i wont back dopwn on the fact that i think he has the potential to become a real liability for celtic if his actions continue to become more and more frequent and if they get a nice wad of cash for him come the end of the season then it would be a good move for them.

Lads, grow up ffs.

This "hun" and "tim" ****e is getting old.

Well there's only one person doing that. I don't know how it's allowed to be honest.

He's calling Rangers fans bigots and he's the one coming out with this rubbish:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hun

From this link:

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum/topic/Hun/120180

Rangers are reffered to as "huns" because the royal family's bloodline dates back to when the Huns Empire stretched across Europe many years ago into Germany.

The Royal family's (our current royal family) name is believed to date back to Germany, through another Royal family in more recent years. The Hun empire is believed to be related to this bloodline too.

So what does the royal family have to do with Rangers?

Well Rangers are, as you know, a club proud of its British roots, hence the reason there are so many Union flags flown at Ibrox, and indeed there is a picture of Her Majesty in the home teams' dressing room, which as a pre-match ritual, all the players touch before each game.

Because Rangers are essentially a British club through and through, the term "huns" was used by Celtic fans (who have deep Irish roots) to offend Rangers fans by offending their Queen and essentially, their country. which leads back to the whole Irish vs British thing.

It is used as a derogatry term, as "huns" (if you read the link below) are seen as barbarians and this suits Celtic fans nicely. It's certainly something you would not call a Rangers fan and not expect them to be highly offended - this is not another possible explanation, but a poorly constructed excuse to cover up bigotry.

It is as offensive as calling a Celtic fan a "fenian".

Urban Dictionary and another forum as sources? :D

EB asked me to stop using the term and I will. Note I didnt use it in football topics, just in relation to the mentality of defending bigotry that Gers fans have. See Nazi salutes and goalkeepers getting arrested.

Calling Celtic fans fenians is not offensive to them by the way.

Urban Dictionary and another forum as sources? :D

EB asked me to stop using the term and I will. Note I didnt use it in football topics, just in relation to the mentality of defending bigotry that Gers fans have. See Nazi salutes and goalkeepers getting arrested.

Calling Celtic fans fenians is not offensive to them by the way.

They were just to show what people think of the term huns and what it means. I don't see the problem. You're not as good a troll as you think you are.

I'm never met a Celtic fan that doesn't find the term fenian offensive...but then I wasn't aware that some guy who "supports" them because of they're Oirish speaks for proper fans as well.

EDIT:

Anyway, that's not the point of this thread so in an effort to get back on topic, I'm not a fan of Boruc as a person but he's a good keeper and I could see him going to some English team that's in or around the UEFA cup spots. Don't know if any of them need a keeper though. Almunia is doing ok for Arsenal so far.

They were just to show what people think of the term huns and what it means. I don't see the problem. You're not as good a troll as you think you are.

I'm never met a Celtic fan that doesn't find the term fenian offensive...but then I wasn't aware that some guy who "supports" them because of they're Oirish speaks for proper fans as well.

so the Celtic fans you know are offended by the term Fenian and hate Artur Boruc.

and I'm the troll :D

• Advertisement

so the Celtic fans you know are offended by the term Fenian and hate Artur Boruc.

and I'm the troll :D

Yeah good summary :rolleyes: Bravo.

I've made my point in my edit. I'm not continuing with this pointless argument. And don't take that as some sort of victory. You're a bigot and there is no reasoning with you so I'm not gonna bother.

Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OhNoYouDidn't is taking a break from soccer to refresh himself on the rules.

Ach......that wasnt quite the outcome i was looking for....

Ach......that wasnt quite the outcome i was looking for....

It was nothing to do with you. It was his 5 charter violations and reaction to his ban. anyways Back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Of all the petty things you mention I can't believe you mention this. He carried a Celtic flag off the pitch at Ibrox after being beaten by Rangers. Rangers fans were ecstatic with winning the match, Boruc (just like any Celtic fan would do) decided to remind them who's champions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYa-zzs7zs
    Eirebear wrote:
    for some reason you think this guy is on a one man mission to wipe out bigotry in the west of scotland
    No we don't. As I've said to you many times, Boruc is a football fan fortunate enough to be playing the game. Unlike every other footballer in the rich leagues in Europe, Boruc doesn't hide that fact when he's out on the pitch. He has a bit of banter with the opposition fans who slag him off and he celebrates with the Celtic fans. When he retires he has said that he'll spend his time travelling around with Legia fans. He has been to a few Legia matches in the last couple of years and he sings the chants just like every fan.

I can't think of anyone else like Boruc. He probably hasn't changed one bit since becoming a footballer. Footballers are expected to act mature when they're around football fans. Boruc still see's himself as a normal football fan and he'd probably just join in with the rest of the fans. He's not doing anything serious. He's not breaking the law. He's having a good time like the rest of us.

Seriously, you're bias really does cloud your judgement mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

As does your bias, eirebhoy

Lads cop on.

NOW!

astrofool wrote: »
    As does your bias, eirebhoy
    I don't agree so I'd like if you'd expand on that. I'm biased of course. All I think my bias does is make me look biased. :) I don't think it gives me an opinion that I wouldn't have if I was neutral. For example, if I didn't support Celtic but watched Nakamura every day I'd be singing his praises as much as I currently do, imo.

The incidents Eirebear mentioned involving Boruc are very petty incidents and any non-Rangers fan I know would agree. I think Boruc is a bit mad as I've said before but he's hardly a bloody liability. :D

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Please expand. Seriously. Don't leave me hanging. :) Just look at the incidents Eirebear mentioned involving Boruc and tell me how any of them are in any way serious. Or is it something else?

I'm biased of course. All I think my bias does is make me look biased. :) I don't think it gives me an opinion that I wouldn't have if I was neutral. For example, if I didn't support Celtic but watched Nakamura every day I'd be singing his praises as much as I currently do, imo.

As a single incident, none of them are important.
    But they all add up eirebhoy...yes im a little biased, that goes without saying.
    but im open minded enough to say that he is a fantastic goalkeeper, so my opinion isnt completly invalid.

Fair enough.

Anyway, apparantly these are the actual quotes:
    This is a transcript of Artur Boruc's interview to a Polish newspaper this week:

Journo: “ Do you want to move to a great club?

Artur: “Celtic is a great club.”

Journo: “An even greater one?”

Artur: “I know there are bigger teams in Europe, but we are in the top 16 again this season. I have said before I would like to move on from Scotland eventually, I want to continue to develop and meet new challenges.

Journo: “Will you move next season?”

Artur: “I have been speaking to Celtic about renewing my contract for eight weeks now. The current deal expires in 2009, but Celtic have an option to extend it to 2010. When we part I would like it to be on good terms.”

Journo: “It has been reported that you could use the Webster law to leave early?”

Artur: “Fifa ruled that after three years at a club, a player over 28 can leave, with the fee set by Fifa. The Webster law is possible, but that would be a last resort, I expect us to come to an agreement on a new deal.

“The reported price of £10m is out of this world, but there is more money in British football than anywhere else in Europe.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Didn't he nearly fail a drugs test verbally recently by stating that Aidan McGeady could be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Boruc = legend. It's as simple as that.

In this PC-gone-mad world of ours (like on here sometimes with these silly bans), it's so refreshing to see a guy like Boruc who is an incredible player as well as someone who loves the game, and "hates" the enemy. :D

Will be sorry to see him go if he does, but good luck to him. He's a player I'll always watch no matter who he plays for (except maybe Utd.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I don't agree so I'd like if you'd expand on that. I'm biased of course. All I think my bias does is make me look biased. :) I don't think it gives me an opinion that I wouldn't have if I was neutral. For example, if I didn't support Celtic but watched Nakamura every day I'd be singing his praises as much as I currently do, imo.

The incidents Eirebear mentioned involving Boruc are very petty incidents and any non-Rangers fan I know would agree. I think Boruc is a bit mad as I've said before but he's hardly a bloody liability. :D

Well I think you basically admitted as much there, of course you're Celtic bias influences your opinion on Boruc, just as the Irish bias here usually leaves Shay Given as the top goalkeeper in the world. I just wouldn't be in the position of calling a Ranger's fan bias against, when you're obviously bias for :)

Anyway, like all SPL players, he'll never be great until he can prove himself in another league :p

PauloMN wrote: »
    Boruc = legend. It's as simple as that.

In this PC-gone-mad world of ours (like on here sometimes with these silly bans), it's so refreshing to see a guy like Boruc who is an incredible player as well as someone who loves the game, and "hates" the enemy. :D

Will be sorry to see him go if he does, but good luck to him. He's a player I'll always watch no matter who he plays for (except maybe Utd.).

paul mate...may i ask what your reaction (HONESTLY ;)) was to these incidents?
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/football_paul_gascoigne0s_career_in_pictures/img/8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/football_paul_gascoigne0s_career_in_pictures/html/8.stm&h=300&w=300&sz=16&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=luh38qYVIc5nwM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGazza%2BFLute%2B%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.google:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3vgvykuiRk

astrofool wrote: »
    Well I think you basically admitted as much there, of course you're Celtic bias influences your opinion on Boruc, just as the Irish bias here usually leaves Shay Given as the top goalkeeper in the world.
    Given has been sensational for Ireland. No keeper would have done any better than him. In his last full season at Newcastle he was in the premiership team of the year. I don't think we overrate him. He is that good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement